Monday, November 26, 2007

My Kinda Job Interview!!



Today I heard about a company that calls their applicants/interviewees up, tells them to report to such and such a place at 9AM sharp and to dress comfortably- no suit and ties or dresses- business casual is fine, and to prepare to stay all all day..
When the interviewee arrives, they are ushered into a huge room that looks like a big playground, complete with swings, teeter-totter, slide, monkey-bars, basketball goal, volleyball set-up, a few baseball mitts, an assortment of balls, and a card table with playing cards, a board for playing chess or checkers, and a few board games..
They are told it may take a while to get to them, so make themselves comfortable.
Then they are left all day long with the other interviewees.
The ones who get bored and actually PLAY together while they are waiting are invited back for a REAL interview and are offered a job.
The concept is that the employer wants to see who is a team player... ie who plays well with others-literally.
I want to work for this company- and NO I don't know what company it is.
Dammitt.

...................................................................................................................................................................

Guess what? I got my Christmas Village set up yesterday. I also got my entertainment center decorated. And NO- the living room is nowhere near finished yet.
BUT then I went in to work last night and THEY had their decorations up and they are BEAUTIFUL!
HUGE 12 foot tree, swags hanging from the lights, and two four foot topiary trees in the main glass enclosure...all decorated with purple, teal, red and silver ornaments and ribbons with white lights. Odd color combination, but it works!
And I was squealing like a little girl when I saw they had decorated everything. Seriously I did.
...................................................................................................................................................................

I get my tree this Friday!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg you have a christmas village, my mom does too, we set it up together every year,.. for a long time since i was little. it's grown to an enormous amount, i took a panoramic picture of it.. maybe i can post it online!