Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!!!


All Christmas related today folks- so if you're in a Scrooge or Grinch kinda mood- you might as well skip it.

And speaking of THE GRINCH....they made us turn the lights OFF the 12 foot Christmas tree in the lobby this week.
Why? Because, despite the fact that its an ARTIFICIAL, FLAME RETARDANT tree and only has the tiny twinkle lights on it and isn't left unattended for more than 10 minutes at any time, it's been deemed a fire hazard.
We are PISSED about it too!
I mean, if they had decorated the tree and left the lights off it would have been fine. But it doesn't have nearly enough decorations on it to be pretty without the lights- and after seeing it in it's glory with the lights ON, it's just not the same with them off.
It SUX!

Bad news too- I have to work 12 hours on Saturday so I won't get to get my tree and decorate it til TUESDAY!!!! Eh- It's okay...I can wait another three days. It'll give me time to get all my Christmas gifts wrapped so when I finish decorating the tree I can put them under it right away.
Awesome!
I have almost all my shopping done....I mean I DO have all the main shopping done- I just have to get a few incidentals and I'm done.
I think I'm going to do a big ole batch of rice crispy treats for the girls at work next week. I make three batches. Brown(chocolate), regular(and then tint them with green food coloring), and the mixed fruity flavored for the color. I then stack the green and multi-colored ones alternately to resemble a Christmas tree and stack the choco ones around it.
It looks real pretty too. I have on occasion made some plain ones and cut them in smaller squares and then put star buttercreams on top of them to look like prezzies...M&Ms work well for that too- Gives them LOTS of color!!!
I just gained 5 pounds talking about it.
I think I'll be wrapping our gifts on Saturday while I'm at work, too. We need to get Paulius' Parents gifts in the post and on the way to them no later than Monday morning!!!
I got some AMAZING deals on the Christmas gifts this year. I hope everyone likes them.
I'll post pics of the living room when it's all done. I can't wait.

Do you guys have office or company Christmas parties? If so, do you attend them?Do you get Christmas bonuses?
Yeah, I'm being nosey.
My company doesn't throw Company parties. They do encourage us to go to the company parties that are at our particular sites tho. Good PR they say. The give Christmas bonuses, tho..........sort of.
Year before last it was a six dollar gift certificate to Bi-Lo supermarket. The year after that it was a TEN dollar GC to the same place. I was so overwhelmed I couldn't even talk about it.
*wipes a grateful tear from her eye.....*
Pffffffffffffffft............Hmpfffffffh.................

I changed our message for our voice-mail on our phone this week as well.
Now the message says(in an elven voice)
"Hi You've reached the North Pole, Paul and Sunny M- Santa's Helpers. Santa and Miz Claus are busy going over the Naughty and Nice list at the moment, but if you'll leave your name and number, they'll call you back as soon as possible!! Happy Holidays!!!!"
My boss called while I was sleeping and got a HUGE kick out of it.
He said"Hi- this is George and you'll find me under "L" on the NAUGHTY list- Gimme a call back about some OT this weekend- I need someone to cover all or part of the noon to midnight shift on Saturday. Talk to you later!"
He's a HOOT!


Well, my sleep meds are doing a number on me, so I guess I had better go to bed before I fall asleep sitting here at the computer. Last time I did that everyone thought I had gotten a weird tat on my forehead and side of my face and I almost got fired. Like that's never happened to them before.....well maybe it hasn't since I'm the only computer geek over there- everyone else is ancient and is useless when it comes to using a computer for anything more than sitting in front of it LOOKING like they might be getting ready to Google something.
It might work too if they didn't have to look up the word GOOGLE in the Websters Dictionary before they get started.

Anyways, I'm off to La La Land now....Sweet Dreams all!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

omg they made you shut the lights off

Divian said...

I have no shopping done. I am a last minute type of gal...so I'll be one of those people running through the aisles of Wal-Mart 2 days before Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Turn offthe christmas lights! OMG blasphemy! JK I hope you have a wonderful time decorating sunny( i know you will:) Im sure the boys will tell me all about it!

Anonymous said...

In our lobby at work this year we have 3 "professionally decorated" artificial trees (with lights) which have replaced our traditional live 25ft Frasier Fir. The trees have always remained lit. I can't imagine why yours can't be also. Bummer!