Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Hubby- TPM


Lots of women bitch and moan about their husbands and all the things they don't do- or DO do to annoy or be deliberately inconsiderate to them.

Not me.
I know when I have it good.

My husband is, IMHO, the best hubby in the world.
He does everything in his power to make me happy and comfortable. He cooks when I don't feel well. He cleans the house if it need cleaning(except for our desk which he insists needs to be kept the way it is so he can find all his stuff easily). Yeah- he does dishes rarely- but then so do I. We BOTH hate doing dishes so we use a lot of paper plates and napkins. But as for vacuuming and stuff like that, he's right there with me on the weekends. He helps with laundry, and with the painting and maintenance on the place here with nary a complaint....unless it's pouring rain and then who can blame him...not me.

He let's me sleep late when I want- and take as many naps as I feel the need for. He holds me when I have a really bad day and need a shoulder to cry on. And he runs interference for me when he sees I need an out for something.
When he sees I'm over-doing and getting run-down, he tells me he would like for us to have a quiet weekend.
He's always putting me and my needs and wants before his.
He always asks if I would like a cup of coffee or chocolate or tea when he goes into the kitchen to make himself a cup. And when I head out that way he doesn't demand I make him a cup- he asks me if I would mind making him a cuppa.
When I don't feel up to cooking(usually on Fridays-that's my lazy day) he will ask if there is anything in particular I would care to eat or have him cook.
Usually I don't have a care- I'm just glad to be not cooking- but when I do have a special request he usually makes whatever I have a special hankering for.
He checks the air pressure in my tires and cranks my car for me in the dark cold night when I have to work and forget to do it in the daylight.
And he usually lets the dog out and back in because I get colder than he does when I do it.

Some people think I spoil him when it comes to buying his gadgets he wants...but I think he deserves more than I will probably ever be able to give him-unless I win the lottery that is.


Until then tho- I'll just keep loving him and trying hard to keep up with being as good to him as he is to me.
Like I said- he's the BEST!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

And before any of you ask....NO, I haven't done anything and NO, I'm not trying to butter him up for anything either.

Anonymous said...

UH Huh sure your not...! :)