Thursday, September 03, 2009

MT Fury.....


Well, I went out and looked my bike(as in bicycle) over today. Put some air in the tires, checked the gears, brakes, chain, etc........
The tires seem to be fine altho if I'm gonna be riding it much I'll definitely be replacing them too. The gears are good altho the chain needs a bit of lubrication, the back brake needs replacing and the front brakes need adjusting just a bit. I will need to replace the pedals too at some point in the near future.
I haven't been on it in nearly three years for first one reason and then the other. But with cooler weather on the way I thought maybe I would give her another try soon.I didn't spend over a hundred bucks for her to rust away in the storage building, now did I?
I know Paul and I tried them out when we first bought them, but mine had a warped rim on it then and it wobbled so badly I was scared to get over 5 mph ....Paul didn't/doesn't believe that a little thing like a warped FRONT rim would make that big a difference - but it did to me. It scared the CRAP out of me on the downhills.
Anybody out there bike and wanna give me some pointers- other start off slow and don't bite off more than I can chew in the beginning? Been there- done that already.... learned my lesson. A twenty mile ride is nothing to try when you haven't been on a bike in over 20 years. You'll get about 2 miles down the road and turn right around.
I've read some reviews online about the Mt Fury, but all of the bad ones seemed to be Adverts for OTHER types of Bikes.....so I took them with a grain of salt, so to speak.

Damnation, I wish we had a motorcycle instead of a couple of bicycles.
(BTW- if you look to the right>>>>> you'll see that my Christmas Countdown is back towards the top again...only 113 days left til CHRISTMAS!!!!)

No comments: