Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sweet Mother Of Gawd.........


I went on a new diet today.
Since I was hospitalized last year with that kidney infection, I've gained all the weight back that I had lost...all 39 pounds of it.
Ive been scared to death to diet again because the diet I was on last time was too high in protein for it to be good my my diabetes-especially coupled with the kidney infection, too. I don't know why-And I didn't know it then either...... the doc explained it to me but as usual I lost the explanation about 45 seconds after they were finished explaining it. Suffice it to say I understood for long enough to retain the outcome and remember not to DO that again.

I've been searching for a more balanced diet- something that will be not so stringent and allow me to lose the weight sensibly.
I started the South beach diet this morning. There is a VERY strict 2 week Phase One, before beginning adding back some carbs and sugars into my diet again....SLOWLY.

They said in the book that if you follow it, you won't even notice the lack of bread, pasta, sugar, cookies, cakes, sodas, cereal & fruits for that two weeks.

Well, I don't know about the rest of the two weeks, but today has been absolute HELL for me. I'm Jonesing for carbs so bad right now I have the shakes. This is WAY worse than when I quit smoking. Not even CLOSE!

I can only hope it gets better tomorrow. One day down.........100 pounds to go.
(Pray for Paul.)

No comments: