Thursday, September 10, 2009

Marriage......American Style?


Listening to the radio today on my way to work I overheard this comment....."I'm going to get married....sometime soon. There comes a time, by a certain age, that if you're not married it's just weird."

Maybe THIS kind of thinking is the reason we have such a high divorce rate in our country. I don't care how "WEIRD" it is at a certain age, you don't get married unless you LOVE a person. You don't just go out looking because of how it looks to NOT be married. Or because of what other people dictate as the "right age" to get married.

I'd rather be a perpetual bachelor-ette than be married to the wrong person. Geeze, married life is hard enough when two people absolutely love and adore each other- let alone just being together because they could stand living with each other and was of a certain "Age" that it looks weird if they weren't married to SOMEONE.

Someone needs a reality check.

Altho I think he and his "certain age" other will get a HUGE dose of THAT when they finally manage to get together.

What a STUPID way to think.

No comments: