Sunday, October 25, 2009

This & Dat.........

Well, after the snake incident...I have decided that I need to go thru stuff yet AGAIN and de-clutter my house even more.

What I wanna know is, how do you decide what stays and what goes? We already have a storage building full of stuff we have packed up and put away. And stuff just KEEPS coming back into the house!

Of course I have the things I just absolutely CANNOT/WILL NOT give up....the sentimental stuff...mostly stuff from my kids, parents, and grandparents. But I don't wanna do too much throwing away because the place we live in now is small and at some point in the near future, I am hoping we will be in a position to get a new place of our own and I don't want to have to go out and buy NEW stuff, when I have things now that would work perfectly well in a new place. It just seems terribly wasteful.
But then again, maybe I am holding on to these non-sentimental things for no reason. I bought some of them when I was single or when I was with the exes........ and even tho they are nice and still reflect my tastes, (for the most part), maybe it would be a good thing to get rid of it all and start life with Paulius in our new home fresh. Like I said, the only things that really matter to me are the sentimental things, anyway.
And what do I do with all the stuff I want to get rid of? Do I try and have a yardsale?I mean I work 12 hour shifts! Do I just donate it to charity? Do I just burn it in a huge symbolic bonfire?
........................

I think I'm going to run out as soon as Lowes opens and get that gallon of paint for my Kitchen after all.
I have decided to paint my kitchen a pretty blue color. It's butter yellow now and I LOVE a yellow kitchen. But, I think it's time for a change. I'm also going to paint my big table and chairs black and re-upholster the seat covers. My cabinates will remain pure white with the brass hardware(given to me by Clay & Kathy) and the black countertops will stay as well. I think I'm going to change the rooster motif in there, too. Paul detsests them , so maybe I'll go for something a bit more modern, or at least something less barn-yardy. Is that a word?
Maybe that's what attracted the snake to begin with! JK- I know it wasn't, but I'm still mega-freaked out over it.

In other news.......I went for my doctors visit Friday morning. My BP was up as it has been for the past couple of months or so, so she upped my meds for it.
(Coming in to the snake incident after the doc appointment didn't help it either, I'm sure.)
She also put me on a different low dosage anti-depressant to try for a while. Right after Clays accident, she tried me on Cymbalta, but it just made me feel worse, so I stopped taking it. I have tried to get along without using any kind of medication, but after two years, I'm still crying almost every single day and I've went from sleeping way too little, to sleeping way too long then getting up for a couple hours and then needing a nap.......and this is a couple times a day! So I got the script filled and I've been taking it... this is the third day... and I actually got up and felt like cleaning the kitchen this morning. Yay. She said I should start feeling a bit better in a couple days and should see a significant change in my depression in the next couple months. And if not- after a couple months give her a call back and we'd go from there.
She also did a full blood screening and I should get the results back from those by the middle of the week. She also didn't fuss at me about my weight....I actually had lost 4 pounds since my last visit. Guess she thought I had enough on my plate without adding to my problems. At least with a small loss she sees I'm TRYING to lose the weight.

So many things to deal with all at once. Well, with the holidays coming up, I'll have something to take my mind off stuff for a while!
The babies are going to be just the right age for Christmas to be magical for them!!! I can't wait to get pics!!!!

Oh well..........we'll see how it goes.
Wish me luck!

No comments: