Sunday, October 18, 2009

Uh Oh......

Okay, so today before leaving work I weighed....241.6..Yay a loss......then I thought, but it's first day of Aunty Flo's visit!! How can I have LOST weight?(Sorry- TMI, I know, but it's pertinent info for the story.....)

So I drove home and when I got there I wasn't feeling right at all. I mean I felt WEIRD. I have also been just absolutely parched for the past couple of weeks and I meant to take my blood sugar reading before heading off to bed. But it was so cold in the house(we leave off turning on the heat as long as possible after having to run the A/C all summer......did that make sense?) all I could think about is just getting in my PJs, crawling into bed and getting warm. So that's what I did.
But as I lay there, I began feeling worse. I started getting queasy. So I dragged myself out of bed and went to the living room and checked my blood sugar.
Almost 5 hours after last eating, it was well over 150.

I have a doctors appointment this coming week. Good thing.
This is the first time I've had a high blood sugar reading in AGES! I'm HYPO-glycemic and have never had a problem with high blood sugar...mine usually drops like a stone at a moments notice!
Looks like I'll be joining my hubby with his dietary restrictions.

1 comment:

Evan 08 said...

bummer