Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Ups...and Downs

You decide which are the Ups and which are the Downs....or maybe a bit of BOTH!
*********************************************
*The holidays are approaching and as such I can now start singing the occasional Christmas song without too much of an uproar.
*The Autumn colors are at full peak now in our neck of the woods. I haven't seen such vivid colors in years!! Absolutely beautiful!!
*I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving Day Dinner. I'm starting to get a bit concerned, tho. I told the kids THEY were responsible for Thanksgiving Day Dinner this year and so far I have yet to hear a peep from them about any plans having been made. Maybe I should get a chicken just in case they dont actually HAVE the dinner this year. At least Paul and I will have a Plan B for OUR dinner.
*I think I am going to have the kids over for Christmas Eve from now on too. We can have Finger foods and dessert and open gifts then. Then Paul and I will have a nice quiet Christmas day to ourselves. This year I have to work on Christmas Day evening too, so I won't be so frazzled doing it that way.
*I was riding past my old neighborhood today and popped by my old house. It made me sad to see other people living there. I got to customize it........big bay window in the living room with a big beautiful maple tree in the front yard just outside it, Custom built-in bookshelves in the entrance, a big brick fireplace with a huge mantle just made for hanging stockings Christmas Eve, A big wide archway linking the Living room and Dining-room. It sat at the top of a hill and was a modest size, but it was my dream home. That's okay tho. ...By this time next year I'll be in my own home again. I've made a promise to myself that no matter WHAT I have to do- By August I will be in a position to put a down-payment on a house of my own. I don't care how much overtime I have to put in, or if I have to get a second or third job....I WILL DO IT. I will NOT be in this falling apart "guesthouse" another year. I was only supposed to be here for three years tops.......I've now been here seven. As my Papa Coyle used to say...."SweetPea, it's time to either Poop- or get off the pot!" Only he was much more colorful about it. I miss my Papa too. Crusty old man. :-)
I need to go sleep a couple hours before work...........Later all!!!

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

Good luck with your house plans!!

marie said...

Im sorry ill miss christmas vada. I hope you know how much i enjoyed it.especially the food. Love ya'll