Friday, February 03, 2006

Hello??????

I swear, I think our cat is part human.

I don't think he has any Siamese in him, but Padme has such a peculiar yowl sometimes it seems like he's actually talking.
especially when he wants to go out.

Example.....
A few days ago my Grandson, Devon-age 5, was over here at the house visiting. The cat was in the kitchen yowling. Dev kept going in the hallway and coming back. Finally he told his Dad, "Dad, some body's playing tricks on us- I keep hearing somebody saying 'Hello.' in the other room but I went in there every time and nobody's there."

We all rolled on the floor laughing, because that's exactly what it sounds like when LKFN-(Padme)-is yowling. It drives us absolutely nuts!!

We can talk about him and he will stop and glare at us. If he's mad at us for ignoring him- or worse, for telling him "NO" he will walk to the other side of the room and turn his back to us. Then he will glance back every few minutes to make sure we NOTICE he is ignoring us. If we appear to not be noticing it- he will move closer- directly in out line-of-sight and do the same thing.

He tries to curl up UNDER the cover with his head on one of our pillows in bed to sleep with us. We have an electric blanket- why should he waste his body heat when there's a perfectly good warm soft spot-a quite large one- that is not being utilized by us stupid humans?

He has a jealous streak a mile long too. He absolutely adores my son, Frank, who is staying with us while he and his wife find a house. Frank is like GOD to him because Frank will play with him for hours on end and will let him sleep on his pillow or on his chest at night. Paulius and I discourage this at all costs. the bottom of the bed is fine- but not under the covers or on our pillows(I have respiratory problems that worsen when he does those things). Marie, Frank's wife is staying with her Dad-(they're not separated, just staying with their respective parents as a matter of logistics)-and if Marie and Dev come over to spend time with Frank, the cat sits and glares at Marie and he will pointedly ignore Frank for half a day after they come over. I swear, it's true. I have never seen anything like this cat.

There is a pecking order in our house:

HUMANS
cat

In the cats mind the order is quite different tho:
CAT

The humans aren't even given consideration in his life.....unless the litter box is in need of cleaning.....or his food bowl has a bare spot he can see.
then we are just the servants.

I have to go now. Someone just came in and said "Hell-oooooo".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of our cats (Boomer) is quite the chatterbox too. When there's something he wants, he does the same thing as Padme, but he sounds more like Elmer Fudd ...
"He-wooooo?"

If we tell him no (his most hated word in Humanspeak), he walks away muttering under his breath. He's quite the little comedian.

Sunny said...

LOL_ That's exactly what LKFN sounds like- the Elmer Fudd of Cat-dom.

Lisa said...

rofl!! That cracked me up. My mom used to have a Siamese (Gizmo) who would turn his back if he was mad. Man, that was funny.

MC Etcher said...

How funny! Animals are cool.

JerBear said...

I have a Bengal and she is the worst/best. I had to put a glass shower door in due to her need to shower with me, or should I say grab her favorite shark toy to come paly in the tub with. Not fun having her slip sliding all over the bottom of the tub and using me for traction.

Now I shower while she howls on the other side of the door. I keep reminding her in a minute it will be her turn. Her cry is NoooooowwwWW. I always leave about an inch in the bottom so she can play while I finish getting ready for work.

I'm waiting for her to learn how to turn the faucet in the tub on, so she doesn't have to wait for us humans.