Friday, May 19, 2006

Grand Slam Weekend?

What The Heck is going on?
I'm not sure how to act.

This is the first weekend in months- and I'm talking over a YEAR- that I haven't had ANYTHING I'm required or have been requested to do.

I do have a family reunion I CAN go to if I want on Sunday, but that's a choice.

I have no O/T scheduled at either of my sites. I don't have to give anyone a ride to work or a doctors appointment, and I don't have any errands to run.

I get sort of nervous when things look too easy.

I brought two books home with me to read this weekend- Oh- and before I forget- I read a book last night that was great- it was called..."Wish You Well" by David Baldacci.
Great little book. The ending was a bit predictable, but all-in-all it was a good story.

I brought home "Contagion" by Robin Cook and "On Mystic Lake" by Kristin Hannah.
Cook is a given good read if you can get past some of the medical jargon- the Hannah book is one author I haven't read yet- The jury is still out on that one, but so far(page 61) it's a good steady storyline.

I hoep to get to read them both this weekend- hopefully while fishing in the pond that's a hundred feet from my back door and maybe I can sneak in a few minutes of catnapping while I'm at it. If we get lucky enough to not have any company to distract us, we might be able to make a bit of whoopee.... that's what I would call a GRAND SLAM WEEKEND!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Wish You Well" isn't one I sent to you, is it, Sunny? I don't think I've read it. I like DB's writing, but the story lines tend to follow the same pattern.

The same is true of many other writers.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Sunny said...

Nope- i borrowed it from one of the girls at work. You sent me Hour Game by the same author- that's mainly why I borrowed Wish you well from her. He is a good writer. good wholesome stories you wouldn't be embarrassed to have lying out if company came by.
;-)