Friday, May 05, 2006

Bits and Pieces.........

Just random thoughts today........

My in-laws are on their way back to JOLLY old England as we speak. I hope they have a safe and uneventful trip and Yes I cried at the airport. I wish they could have stayed for much longer. Next time I am taking time off and we will do some actual trips and I sincerely apologise for not doing it this time. I do think that they enjoyed just spending time at home with Paulius and getting to see how our lives really work here and getting to see some of the local sights. Next time we will do Charleston and some of the Blue Ridge Parkway and some of the NOT so local places of interest.
For the record- I absolutely ADORE my new in-laws and wouldn't change a single thing about them.
********************************************************

I think it was MC who gave a recommendation for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.....Let me say THANK YOU!! We have a tub that everyone who has lived or stayed here has tried bleaching, Ajax-ing, Purple-powering, Green stuff-ing, and sandblasting to try and clean it up. For over 8 years NOTHING has worked!
Paulius bought on of the MCMEs today and I tried it out when we got home and- OMG -it really IS magic!!!!!!!
THANK YOU MC!!!!!
*******************************************************

My eldest son and his 9 month preggers wife are remodeling an old house next door to us. It is remarkable how much progress they have made in just two weeks and it is going to be a little jewel box when they get finished with it. I couldn't be more proud of them.
Turns out watching all those HGTV shows are paying off.
(I'm not even going to say "I TOLD you so..."
*******************************************************

Buddy is being a bit better about his house-training. Now if we could only get him out of the "I'm-so-happy-to-see-you-let-me-just-jump-up-on-you -and-slobber-all-over-you-to-show-you-how-happy-I-am" phase we would be doing good.
*******************************************************

Paulius got his work permit and now can now join the ranks of the gainfully employed with the rest of us unhappy wage-earners. He is looking forward to it- and so am I. This time next year we shall be home-owners!
*******************************************************

With Frank(my eldest son) in HIS own home now- and the visit with Paulius parents regretfully over, Paulius and I are going thru either an empty-nest syndrome or a second honeymoon phase.
First thing we did was take a nap and sleep for about 6 hours. I haven't slept 6 hours straight in months!!!! Let alone a had a 6 hour NAP!
What the heck was THAT about?!?
*******************************************************

It's coming up on June- which is when I start my traditional Christmas shopping spree.
Laugh if you like, but I am all finished with mine- up to and INCLUDING wrapping it all by Thanksgiving Day and am able to sit back and ENJOY the holidays while all the procrastinators are running around in the crowds and pulling their hair out.
*(Apologies to any procrastinators I might have offended by gloating - no offense intended)*
Last couple years I haven't been able to do it with Dad being sick and then his passing away, but this year I am trying to get back to my regular routine.
********************************************************

Paulius' Podcast was so cool. I listened to it (finally found a few spare minutes)and I think he has a DEAD SEXY voice. I fell even more in love with him. Mind you- we only ever spoke on the phone or the net meeting when we first "met".
Sigh.......Anyway, I would do something like that for my Blogs first anniversary but for two things....
ONE- I wouldn't know where to begin to do it..And
TWO- I have heard my voice on tape and I sound like a Southern Hick unless I use my polite company/professional phone voice and that wouldn't really give you any idea of the real me so what would be the point?
So I suppose I will have to think of something else- which means you may not hear from me agin on here til the 10th of May when the anniversary is. I swear- thinking too hard makes my head hurt and sometimes makes me dizzy....er.
Hahahahahahaha!
I kill myself sometimes.
Bahahahahahahah!!!!!!
I could SOOOOO win the funniest Mom competition.
****************************************************************

Mothers day is coming up....don't forget MOM/MUM.
Nobody loves you like Mom/Mum does.
****************************************************************

I love the smell of Chocolate cigars. MMMmmmmmmmmmmm...............
****************************************************************

During this holiday-the past two weeks- I have gained 11 pounds. Time to start working out again.
I hate working out.
I wish I could find something I loved doing that would burn all the calories I need to burn.
Anyone have any suggestions?
****************************************************************

That's all folks!!!

No comments: