Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Trashy "Which Way" Books?

I love to read.

Every once in a while I get hold of a book that I just want to go on and on and on.

I bought a "Trashy Romance Novel" a couple weeks ago and left it til night before last to begin reading it- I mean face it- when you've read one of them, you've pretty much read them all.
Same plot, same phrases such as "Steely eyes", "Chiseled muscles", "Creamy thighs", "Heaving Bosoms", blah, blah, blah, come to mind....
But every once in a great while I find one that actually has a good plot, and has minimum of the heaving and panting and thrusting going on and actually is a good read!

When I find a jewel like that I want to read more about the pair. I want to be able to read about their adventures and misadventures everyday or so- not just be able to re-read the same story over and over.

I suppose that's why I like "which way" books so much. I can read them over and over and change the story as much as I like.
I know they're made for kids to read- but I like the variety in them.

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of doing a "which way" book in the romance genre for adults?
I would buy and read them.....

But then I read the backs of cereal boxes as well...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunny,
I'm a voracious reader myself, however, I lean more towards the psychological thrillers or who-dunnits. Have never read a "which way" book...is that where you pick your own ending, etc? Sounds like a good idea to me. When I was much much younger I would read the family saga type books, because then you could follow the adventures of a group of people through the generations. The "Whiteoaks of Jalna" comes to mind. But, when desperate, I'll read pretty much anything also. Allen is also a reader...mostly science fiction. Between the two of us, we have quite a stock pile. So many books, so little time.......

Paulius said...

"Do you want juan to enter her roughly from behind?" Turn to page 122. "Do you want Juan to give her a steely eyed gaze and fondle her heaving busoms?" turn to page 342.

"You came too soon, game over."

Sunny said...

Topcat- Which ways books reach the end of a chapter or some other critical point and then ask you what you want to happen....

"Sonya gazed at Julian with glistening eyes, not quite able to grasp the implications of his request....."
*For Sonya to realize the implications and respond accordingly- turn to page 167. For Sonya to remain blissfully unaware of the implications of the request-turn to page 208....*
You get to choose the twists and turns yourself at several places in the book and the possibilities are ENDLESS!

Paulius- Ha. Ha. Ha.
You have given a few steely eyed looks in your time so the pot can't be calling the kettle black, Mister!
;-)

Serendipity-
I have tried to write a which-way Short story and it is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do- including having a baby.
No thank you- i'll let someone else do the grunt work and i'll enjoy the fruits of THEIR labor.

Bah-hahahahahahah- I made a funny.. Fruits of their Labor....having a baby....Bah-hahahahahah!!!!
Oh I just kill me sometimes!......
(Paulius just wishes he could kill me sometimes...or at least smack me around a bit and get by with it"....
J/K.....