Monday, May 01, 2006

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates.............

As many of you know- my in-laws have been visiting paulius and me for the past week and a half.
They will be leaving us to return to jolly old England on Friday morning and I am NOT looking forward to it.

This visit has exceeded all my wildest expectations.
At best I was hoping for a civil two weeks of timid "getting to know each other" time with the parents.
What actually happened was being accepted as a part of the family from the first moments we met. Hugs at the airport, long chats over breakfast and late night coffees, laughs and lots of merriment during shopping trips to various places.
I didn't take any time off from work other than my regular days off on the weekends for their visit- something I have regretted terribly, but it was unavoidable since my earned vacation time doesn't start until after the last week of June. Next time they visit I will take a whole two weeks off from work and we will do some traveling as well.

My in-laws are my friends- and I would daresay close friends.

I know I will end up crying when we see them off Friday. I wish they didn't have to go so soon.

No comments: