Monday, August 21, 2006

Yes, I Did.... And Thanks For Noticing, Ozzy!

I also started a new blog.
Christmas oriented, of course.

I know, I know- most "normal" people will be going... "What the heck is she on about? It's only AUGUST, for God's sake!"

Well, it's true- it IS only August but in case you haven't noticed before, the Christmas holidays have a really BAD habit of sneaking up on us and THAT'S why there are so many people running around on Christmas Eve still trying to find a dozen gifts on their gift list .
I have never let that happen to me. I start EARLY as you will find out if you read the new blog a couple times.

Basically, before your eyes glaze over, the new blog is all about how to NOT be one of those people who can't enjoy the holidays because of inorganization. I have a system- it works- and I'm sharing it with everyone. I will have gift ideas, when to shop ideas, a tutorial on how to decorate a Christmas tree, different ideas for setting up a snow village (Dept.56 style) and different locations to set them up, special holiday recipes, how to properly wrap a gift- even oddly shaped ones-(they're the attention grabbers under the tree), and stuff like this.

It'll be fun for ME anywhichway you look at it. For you guys, I'm not so sure.
I'm such a Christmas freak.

I'll share a ~secret~ with y'all.......when I was little I used to tell everyone that when I grew up I was going to marry Santa. And I was serious.
;-)

(Then again, I also wanted to marry Doohickey, (locals in upstate SC will know who THAT is!) and that was because he was so funny and silly and made me laugh every Saturday morning.....sadly, I never got to go on the Monty's Rascals show myself..................sigh.........)

Anyway, I grew up but my love of all things Christmas is something I never grew out of. I sing Christmas carols all year long- much to Paulius' dismay.
Some people hold to the train of thought that if you sing Christmas songs all year long it takes away the specialness of the holiday season. I disagree- I think you should keep the spirit of Christmas in your heart all year long. I DON'T, however, think you should start decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over. That thing that the stores and shops do with Christmas advertising starts the week of Labor day really P!sses me off ROYALLY! One holiday at a time, thank you. However, as expensive as Christmas can be, I do have to be prepared and start shopping early. I'm on a tight budget, but even on a tight budget I can do the Christmas thing up like a PRO!

Anyway, Just thought I'd share the new blog news with you.
If you're interested in checking it out later...or MUCH LATER, the addie is:

www.askmizsanta.blogspot.com

Holiday Hugs!
;-)

No comments: