Monday, May 26, 2008

Part I & Part II

PART I

Yesterday we went to my daughters house for two reasons.......1) it was TJ's Birthday party- and b) she needed her computer looked at-(See Paulius' -Blogpost).

I am so proud of my daughter. She has a good guy to share her life with, a good education and career in the making, great kids who are happy and healthy, a nice car, a boat, and a lovely house. She is constantly working to keep her life in line and improving it every day. She has done what every parent wants for their child- to do better than they themselves have done. And I'm so happy for her- she deserves every happiness she will ever find- and more.

Only problem is- every time I go down to her house I come home and absolutely sulk for days about WHY I can't get my life together like she has. I have a wonderful man who loves me, I DO have that part of my life in order, but I have a crappy car, a so-so job, and I'm still living in my parents "guest-house" because I can't save any money on my salary. Sure, I have a good education, but the things I am certified in I can't find work for here in the area I live- and I can't afford to move to a part of the country where it WILL do me some good.

Sometimes I feel my life is spinning out of control and I'll never get anywhere.... Never get my nice house, never get my nice car, and probably die while on my job-site.

I know I'm just having a really bad day and feeling sorry for myself and having a pity-party....but I try just as hard as anyone could and I'm getting NOWHERE fast. How do I turn it around and finally get some more GOOD out of my hard work?

Does anyone know? Can you share the secret with me?


*********************************************

PART II (Thanks for the borrow, Pammy Sue!)

PARENT - Job Description

POSITION :
Mom, Mommy, Mama, Ma
Dad, Daddy, Dada, Pa, Pop

JOB DESCRIPTION :

Long term, team players needed, for challenging,
permanent work in an
often chaotic environment.
Candidates must possess excellent communication
and organizational skills and be willing to work
variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends
and frequent 24 hour shifts on call.
Some overnight travel required, including trips to
primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities!
Travel expenses not reimbursed.
Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES :

The rest of your life.
Must be willing to be hated, at least temporarily,
until someone needs $5.
Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly.
Also, must possess the physical stamina of a
pack mule
and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat
in case, this time, the screams from
the backyard are not someone just crying wolf.
Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges,
such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets
and stuck zippers.
Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and
coordinate production of multiple homework projects.
Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings
for clients of all ages and mental outlooks.
Must be willing to be indispensable one minute,
an embarrassment the next.
Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a
half million cheap, plastic toys, and battery operated devices.
Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
Must assume final, complete accountability for
the quality of the end product.
Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and
janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT & PROMOTION :

None.
Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills,
so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE :

None required unfortunately.
On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.

WAGES AND COMPENSATION :

Get this! You pay them!
Offering frequent raises and bonuses.
A balloon payment is due when they turn 18 because
of the assumption that college will help them
become financially independent.
When you die, you give them whatever is left.
The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that
you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS :

While no health or dental insurance, no pension,
no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and
no stock options are offered;
this job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth, unconditional love,
and free hugs and kisses for life if you play your cards right.

** AND A FOOTNOTE "THERE IS NO RETIREMENT -- EVER!!! *

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm not qualified to comment on the pareting thing, but for part one.....Honestly Sunny, I believe that you have to MAKE tyhings happen. Look at how you and Paul met and made that work...and it was expensive!!! (I should know!)

MAybe start looking at jobs in other areas where you CAN use your skills and see if they offer a relocation package?

And when Paul starts driving and working, it'll be easier to save - see light at the end of that tunnel.

Love you xx

Anonymous said...

That parenting job description sounds terrible(except for the hugs and kisses for life part). If you had to apply for the job with that description the human race would die out. You do enjoy it though, thats the part everyone should know. Once they're here, no matter what the circumstance, you begin to wonder how you ever lived your life w/o them.