Friday, May 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK!!!..Giving It Alll A Try....& 3 YEARS of Blogging!

Happy 26th Birthday my Darling Eldest Son!!!! Much happiness and hope all your dreams come true!!!!
MWAAH!!!!
Mama XXX

*********************************************************
Recently, as you that read Paulius' Blog know, he has been sketching/drawing a lot in the past few weeks.
Much to my happiness.

He is a smoker and when he draws- he smokes considerably less.
I cannot in all seriousness say anything at all about his smoking because, I, myself was a smoker in the past. And occasionally, RARELY, I still will smoke a couple of cigs if I am anxious about something in particular. But his smoking less does make me very happy. I want him to be around for a LONG time with me.

Now back to what I began........ He has been looking at tutorials and such on drawing the human figure and portraits. And he is getting VERY good at it. His eye drawings especially are beautiful.
The human eye is a particularly difficult object for me to draw and get right. So he has given me a couple of tips about drawing eyes lately when I get frustrated.
Anyway, I've been sitting watching him draw for a while now- and the other day he asked me if I had ever thought about trying my hand at sketching.
What he didn't know is I tend to sketch/doodle all the time when I get bored, but my stuff is mostly landscapes and the odd stuff and I usually bin them after I finish....if I kept them all he would have something else to gripe about besides the amount of Christmas stuff I have.
Anyway........So I decided to try a couple of human figures. And I got ONE that I was happy with. It's an extremely simple female nude torso and it's actually good enough I'm going to have it matted and framed for our bedroom.
And now I'm going to try some portraits. With Paulius' pointers about the eyes I'm pretty sure I can accomplish at least a mediocre couple.

Paulius and I do a LOT of our hobbies together.
We tried out oil painting at the same time altho that also was something I had tried out before. My mom is an artist and has done several oil paintings and had some shown at a few shows. She and I sat down one weekend a few years ago and I painted a rooster which now hangs in my kitchen and set the tone for my French-Country Style kitchen.
The very FIRST painting Paulius painted was a 5 x 7 landscape in the Bob Ross style and it turned out perfectly!!!!
My mom has it in her formal living room resting on a gold easel. A virtual place of honor!

Our only difference in our drawing styles are he likes to be all technical about it and read tutorials on it and stuff like that before he tries it out. I, on the other hand, like to LOOK at drawings and try and not duplicate them- but come as close as I can to getting the same effect as the original artist did. I think all that technical stuff just complicates the process- for me anyway.

It's a fine line let me tell you.

At the moment Deviant Art has some LOVELY portraits I want to try out to add to the one I'm already going to put in our bedroom.
Wish me luck!!

After I finish- if I think they are good enough to frame I might post a couple of them here.
Or maybe not.
Who knows.

**********************************************
And on a COMPLETELY UNRELATED subject..........I just realized that on the tenth of May my blog was 3 YEARS OLD!!!!!! My, how time flies!!!!

No comments: