Monday, May 12, 2008

Long Overdue Post.........

It has been a week!!!
I'm still recovering from my illness a few weeks ago and still not quite up to full strength yet and get exhausted quite easily, but I think every day I grow a tiny bit stronger. I may live after all!!
Lucky Y'all getting to read my ramblings for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS to come!!
Hehehehehehehehh!!!!

Okay, so here's what's been up the past few days...........


I told you about my veggie patch, didn't I? Well, it's growing nicely!! I have Snap Pea Pods and Pumpkins shooting up like gangbusters! And the Watermelons and Cantaloupes are coming up as well, albeit a bit slower. The Tomatoes and Bell Peppers are hanging in there and the Snap Beans are....... well........a couple of those bushes are coming along..... tho not as well as I had hoped and THEY were the ONE thing I wanted most of all to grow!!
Ahhhhh, well, next year I'll know not to plant them under the roof line and the runoff from the rain won't wash them away!!

Live and Learn....Live and Learn!!
Hahahahahaha!!!

Our Mother's Day Dinner yesterday was lovely!
I had all the kids here and my mom came and so did my two sisters, Teresa and Nina.

I got a card from Julie and her brood. It was so cute...It had cartoon pics on it of kids crying and arguing and making a mess and then the mom hugging them and it said...


We were whiny,

We argued,

And We made a mess,

But you loved us No Matter What..........
(then you open up the card and it says........)

Admit it,....that wasn't always coffee in your cup, was it?

Happy Mother's Day,
Love Julie, Bubba, TJ, Austin, Justin, & Eddie.

It was SOOO funny!

Then Kathy came in and brought me a snow globe ( I collect Snow globes)with two of CJ's photos inside it in an acrylic photo frame. It is so cute!!!
Frank and Marie had come over almost every day last week and helped me and Paul with the spring cleaning so THAT was their gift to me. I couldn't have done it without their help and it was truly appreciated...the gift of time is a most wonderful thing.
I love them all so much.
We didn't think Kathy and CJ was going to get to come cause the girl who was supposed to come in for her at work called in sick and Kathy didn't know if she was going to have to stay til closing(11PM) or not. Luckily, the owners wife came in so Kathy could leave. It would have been a shame for her to have to work 12 hours her very FIRST Mother's Day! Bless her heart. I told her it was just something that came with being a working parent.
I, myself, have had to work on Christmas Day when the kids were younger and THAT REALLY was hard to do. I tried not to let that happen too often tho. And I usually was working nights anyway so I was usually home by the time they woke up. Bless their hearts, the few times I didn't make it home before they woke up they insisted on waiting for me to get there before they started opening the prezzies. God, I miss them being little.
Even as an adult Clay was always here at my house by 6AM to open gifts.And then he would call Julie and wake her and get her on her way over and then he would go and pick Frank and his family up and bring them over. While they were gathering I would make us all a HUGE breakfast of scrambled eggs, biscuits, hash-brown casserole, bacon, orange danish, cinnamon rolls and coffee.
I used to do that to my parents when my babies were little too. Charlie, My baby brother, and I would try to be the first ones to mom and dad's on Christmas morning. It absolutely DELIGHTED Dad to no end for us to show up at 5:30AM..... Not so much for Mom who usually had just went to bed at 4AM after finishing up all the wrapping of the gifts. But she never said anything til YEARS later! Come to think of it- with me and Charlie BOTH living on the place now, maybe THAT'S why she moved out!!!!!
Hahahahahahah!!

Speaking of which..........Paulius wrote in a recent blog about my problem....Obsession I think he called it with Christmas. well, I have to admit.....for normal people I probably DO seem to have a problem......BUT.....I refuse to get rid of ANY of my Christmas decorations until I get a house of my own and decided what decorations I want where. I've been collecting all these Christmas decorations for about 30 years now- and I see NO point in getting rid of something that will have a spot perfect for it in our home when we get it. I plan on moving ONCE more in my life and That's it. So it would be extremely wasteful to get rid of something that could be used later don't you think? Otherwise I'll just end up going out and buying the same thing I already had.
Oh and I actually DID get rid of THREE- Count'em THREE as in 3 whole oversized Christmas ornaments when we were doing our spring cleaning this year. So I DID compromise...again.

And btw MC-I have tried to decorate him while he was sleeping one night and he, for some STRANGE reason, took offense to it. Now he refuses to even wear a sweatshirt or sweater or "jumper" as they call them in England that has any kind of Christmas Motif on it. Except maybe a hat saying "Bah! HumBug!"
Hahahahahahahahahhaha!

I went back on my diet in full today when I got up. I know the doctors want me to recover my strength after being ill, but it's been 6 weeks so far and I want to get back on track now. I told everyone last night that I was going back on my diet this morning so if they wanted to plan anything, such as a dinner or anything involving food- they would have to let me know so I could plan my diet around it.....But really "planning" isn't required too terribly much on this diet.......No matter where you go there is invariably a green veggie and salad or slaw and a meat.
I'm learning that when sweets(which I adore) and breads(which I thought I couldn't EVER learn to live without) are put in front of me, it's not required that I eat them every time.
That's what comes from growing up in the era of the "Clean Plate Club". You're guilted into eating everything -and then some- because somewhere in the world there are starving children who have nothing.

Well, I'm going back to work for my long week this evening, so I'm going to go now and rest up for a bit again.
I'll try to not take so long to post again........

No comments: