Saturday, May 17, 2008

What Do You Think?

For the life of me I just don't understand WHY a person would play a game and use CHEATS.
Why bother even playing it? I actually had Paulius pull up a cheat sheet of ZELDA-Ocarina of Time and then never used it. I just don't see the point.

My 30th year high school reunion is in early August. Am I going? Well, I'm of two minds.......first I would LOVE to go to show off my hubby and see some old friends I've lost touch with during the years.......but I probably won't go, to be honest. The last one I went to was our 10th and they ALL acted like jackasses....even worse than when we were in Junior High. There WERE a FEW exceptions to be honest....Cindy Guthry and Allen Ramey were a couple I could name that were sweet, and didn't act as tho they were trying to impress anyone with their juvenile antics. I greatly appreciated their decorum- I took away at least a FEW good memories from that reunion, thanks to them.

It's my long weekend to work this week- so I'm gonna let that be it for the time being.....I gotta sleep a bit and I have two cakes, a BOATLOAD of Green-Beans to cook and a big ol' batch of Chicken to fry for our FAMILY Reunion TOMORROW!!!
And you can bet your BUTT the family reunion will be better than the class reunion!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMmmmmm.....chicken.Can't wait! i loove family get togethers! Tons of food to eat and babys to play with.

Paulius said...

You use cheats because a lot of games rely too much on the 'luck' factor.

Take GTA. You have a long mission with no save points that ends with you having to race across a city and get to a particular place within a set time limit.

The only problem is that this is like a real city with real traffic. You do everything absolutely perfectly, but on the last straight a car pulls out of a side street which you T-bone, flip your car, it blows up and you have to start the whole 25 minute mission from scratch.

You don't have to do that many times before it stops being fun, so you use a cheat to make that mission a little easier.

Divian said...

Heehee, I use cheats.

Nothing like all power, forever life and a barage of machine guns to make beating Tomb Raider worthwhile.

Of course, I have yet to bet it.

Dang it!

MC Etcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MC Etcher said...

Cheats - I guess it depends on the person's reasons for playing the game.

Some folks play a game more to see the story unfold, watch all the pretty cinematics, and find out what happens at the end. For these people, the game is more like an interactive movie. Cheats are fine for these people, since they're not trying to test themselves, rise to a challenge, etc.

If you're stuck on a certain scenario or mission, you've been stuck for a week, and your options are stop playing the game completely or using a cheat to get beyond the block - fine.

Once you've beat the game on the most difficult setting without cheats, it can be fun to run through with any weapon you like, turning off gravity, rocket-jumping like a crazed Tigger without taking any damage, etc. It's another way to enjoy the environment.

If you like to brag about your skills as a gamer, posting scores online, talking trash - these people have no business using cheats.