Monday, July 07, 2008

Better Late Than Never....

Sorry for the delay in posting lately. My mom was in the hospital over the weekend- she's home now and recuperating, but I'm exhausted.

Paul and I went to see some fireworks from a local rooftop on the night of the 4th.
It was on a pretty tall building and NO- I didn't ride the elevator up-I took the stairs and my sweet hubby volunteered to take all 6 flights with me instead of taking the elevator and letting me go the stairs alone. He's such a sweetheart.. After my brush with death last week at work I have decided to take a page out of the guy's book from the movie "Office Space"' and ' I'm just not gonna do that anymore.'
The "that" in MY case is Elevators.


We were standing there with a group of others who had shown up and my hubby, Paulius, turned to me and said-"This is reminding me of the beginning of "Cloverfield"... and we all laughed.
We did have a blast watching the fireworks altho some of us were freaking out a bit about the close proximity(dang that was a BIG word for a blond) of some of the people to the edge of the roof. I was definitely one of the ones holding their breath til the show was over and we were all back on solid ground again.
Many, many thanks to our "hosts" for the evening!

Tomorrow morning I am driving my son to a dental appointment for a couple of tooth extractions. He won't be able to drive afterwards so I volunteered to take him. It'll make it easier on him to not have to worry about those teeth anymore.
I don't get it- my kids all drink milk like it's going out of style and may disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow and they brush regularly like they're supposed to so WHY do they have so many problems with their teeth?
Maybe it's genetic?
I have terribly sensitive teeth and one of my back teeth broke off a couple of months ago too.
And YES, I drink milk like my kids do too.


OMG- this is just annoying as heck!
I'm having to go back and proofread everything I do on here because either I -or the computer- is skipping "T" s again!!
Probably user error- but why only the "T"s?
If I miss some then just imagine a "T" there and see if it makes any more sense.
;-)

Yeah- I'm getting lazy again.

I'm also hungry- I just realized I haven't eaten today so I need to go re-fuel!
I'll post again in a couple days.

One last question for you.....
If a movie were being made about your life- what actor/actress would play you?
Mine would have to be Delta Burke Or Julia Duffy, I think.

Hope you all had a GREAT holiday weekend!







3 comments:

Seacat said...

Hey Girl
I took a caramel-pecan cheesecake to Rich Sat nite for being so nice to us that other night! See you Fri

Sunny said...

Awesome!
I couldn't figure out who had brought it (I'm usually the one who brings goodies IN)nor what it was at first- I've never tasted a cheesecake like it before- but it was absolutely DEEE-LISH!!!!!!

Jay came over and we each had a slice of it and a cup of Joe.
Thank you so much!!!

You know you didn't HAVE to do that....(but I'm GLAD you did!!)
See ya Friday night!!

Hugz!

Anonymous said...

I think it would probably be Kate Hudson. She has the spacey blonde thing going on. Or maybe Ashley Judd, not a blonde but still ok.