Thursday, July 17, 2008

That's IT!!!

Okay- I've REACHED the END of the proverbial ROPE!!!

Today I come in from seeing Frank off and Barney had poohed 3 times in the kitchen and peed once in there- NOT to mention dragging my shoes into the hall way and chewing them-AGAIN!!
I JUST let him out before I left and was gone for less than two hours.
He was house broken/trained when we got him, but hasn't got it in the 5 months he's been here with us. No matter what we've tried, be it positive or negative reinforcement, it doesn't work.

I thought it would get better- but it hasn't...if ANYTHING it's gotten worse. It's like he's doing it on purpose now(I swear, I'm NOT imagining this).
So I'm going to let him go to a girl who is home all day and can train him(hopefully) by being with him 24/7 and/or will spoil him rotten.

I just CAN'T /WON'T tolerate the situation anymore. It's making me physically ill trying to deal with this any longer.

Sorry Barney, we gave you PLENTY of time to adjust and we tried EVERYTHING and if you had met us even halfway then I wouldn't have had to make this decision.

1 comment:

OzzyC said...

I can relate. When I was a kid, we had a dog that bit a neighbor. My dad decided to give him away for liability reasons. I was pissed at the dog, and very upset overall. In retrospect though, I know it was the right decision.