Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happiness -Journey Or Destination?

Well, According to The Pussy Cat bitch-(Quoting Souza) Happiness is a Journey- NOT a Destination.

What I want to know is...... WHY NOT?

I don't want to spend my entire life "on the road" to happiness with always it being JUST out of sight, or JUST around the bend, or JUST over the hill.

I want to find it and enjoy it. To have time to savor and soak it up. Time to bask in it, roll around in it, drown in it. Time to gorge myself on it, or to roll it around on my tongue and enjoy the taste of it. Time to feel it sliding against my skin like a cool silk sheet.

I want it ASAP- or NOW- Whichever comes first.

What would make me happy?
To have all my family safe and sound and happy.
To have enough money to have my own home and a decent auto.
To have a job I LOVED going to and doing every day, instead of one I can live with going to every day.
( I would say to have people I enjoy working WITH as well, but I absolutely adore 99.9% of the people I work with now and the other .1% I can easily deal with- so I've pretty much got that covered already!)
To have a two week vacation once a year-(One week for going somewhere and doing something and the second week to come home and do nothing at all but rest and relax and do things I WANT to do instead of things that "need" doing or "fixing". (Of course, if I had an in-ground pool I wouldn't even have to GO anywhere unless I wanted to go to England to visit my In-Laws for that first week!!!)

Now in light of that Wish List- Is that too much for a person to ask for?
I mean REALLY-Is It??????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The key is to find happiness in your everyday life and your everyday surroundings. Now. If you put off happiness with a list of perfect world criteria, chances are you'll never find it. Those conditions do not exist, hence the journey metaphor.

As far as your economic conditions go, well ... who of us has all that we need/want? And you know what you have to do for those conditions to improve.

You have a roof over your head and family and friends who love you, not to mention a job that pays the bills. Compare your situation to someone who has none of that.

You're a smart Goddess. You know this already. So what was your question?

Stern hugs,
L

Anonymous said...

I understand completly vada. I dont want much, just to be comfortable and not have to constantly worry if I'll make enough just to pay the bills.Forget a vacation or any family trips anywhere. I want the boys to have good childhood memories of family outings and such...but its always just out of reach. Ill keep trying though and so will you. And thank god we have plenty of love and support.