Friday, July 23, 2010

The Podcast.....Happy Birthdays...... & the Rest Of The Day.

Another podcast finished. Paul's editing it now so it should be up sometimes Sunday. It wasn't as comedic as the last one- but then, nothing's the same every time, now is it? I'm getting used to the mic now- not so shy about being recorded. I suppose that's a good thing.

I spent most of today baking a Pink Lemonade Pound Cake with Pink Lemonade Glaze & a couple dozen Lime Cupcakes with Pineapple Coconut Frosting for one of my BFF's Birthday celebration tomorrow at work.(Happy Birthday Karen!!!!...Oh- AND Happy Birthday to our blogfriend Dave too!!! Y'all not getting older- y'all're getting BETTER!!!) Karen requested the P/L PC and I decided to do the Lime CC's extra.
I tell ya- I LOVE my BFF's. They keep me from going insane at work!!!

I also made a batch of No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Drop Cookies for my Baby Bro's birthday on Saturday!! He LOVES those things! When we were growing up, I got in the habit of making homemade baked goodies for gifts for Christmas for the family. Well, for the guys, that is....My Daddy always wanted Fudge with Peanut-Butter in it.
My brother Eddie, he always wanted Chocolate Brownies so that's what HE got. Baby Bro, Charlie, always wanted the Chocolate oatmeal Cookies, so that's what HE got. Mom usually wanted a Black Walnut Pound Cake with Creamy Maple Glaze(also a favorite dessert for Thanksgiving Dinner).
Paul seems to favor Cherry Yum-Yum.(Also the favorite dessert for Christmas Eve Buffet.)
Everyone else seems to hold their breath for the first frost of the year because the weekend following is usually the only time of year I make my big ole VAT of Chili, served up with loads of extra sharp melted cheese and corn-chips!!!

Dammitt- now I've made myself hungry....and I'm sleepy too.

Later Y'all!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sunny they are so lucky to have you for a friend. You had my mouth watering for some those delicious treats you prepared. You have been a very busy girl. Have an awesome day.

Sunny said...

Well, How Sweet, Odie!!! Thank You!!Cooking/Baking has always been something I enjoy doing- and i do a LOT of it too!!
Personally, I think I'm the lucky one in having so many sweet friends that look out for me!!! (And I'm always happy to make new friends as well!!)
When my son passed away in an auto accident, I had been at my job for only three weeks but those girls took me under their wings and have been my guardian angels for the past three years. Had it not been for them, I would not have been able to deal with working my job after that tragic event.
Yes- I definitely think I'm the lucky one!

Michelle said...

Oh my - that sounds festively delicious!