Tuesday, May 12, 2009

*Banging Head Against Wall*

*SIGH......................*

So Friday is mine and Paul's FIFTH Anniversary!!!
Well, this is my long work week so my schedule is Work Monday & Tuesday, Off Wednesday and Thursday and Work Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
So I asked for Friday off- about three months ago.
Well, The Officer who works the shift opposite me has the days off I work and the LT had him scheduled to work for me on Friday. I was under the impression I was going to have three days off(as was on the schedule).....but (I found out last night from his friends at work that the guy working opposite me thought we were switching off Wednesday for Friday so he could have his three day long "Weekend".
Easy enough- I called him a few minutes ago and we discussed it and he said if it was okay with me and the boss he would love to have the three days in a row off this week and so we could switch off Wednesday for Friday.
Awesome!!
So I called the Lt. to get permission for us to swap off days instead of him having the extra day....seemed simple enough to us.Trade a day for a day.

Well, our Boss cannot get it thru his head that it's a simple day swap- he's ....hell ,I can't even meet HIS way of thinking about it. He wants us to swap THURSDAY for Friday instead...which makes Bob get his day off- but having to work one day in between it since he already had yesterday and today off.

*ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* We bang our heads against the wall every time we talk with him cause he just doesn't get such simple concepts. Complicated stuff he's a wiz.......but this is just beyond his comprehension.
He doesn't even have to change the payroll.

How much more simple could it possibly be? Friday for Wednesday.
It just gives me a headache.

1 comment:

marie said...

happy early anniversary!