Saturday, May 16, 2009

Best Anniversary Yet!!!!


Our anniversary day was awesome!!!!

We went to dinner at the local Red Lobster and had a wonderful meal. We had a slice of Chocolate Wave, a decadent concoction of Chocolate cake, chocolate sauce, chocolate ganache, and mini chocolate chips with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side drizzled with chocolate syrup.
(OKAY- I had, but Paul had a bite too just to please me so TECHNICALLY it was WE)

Yeah- Chocolate overload.

Than we went shopping at the local Garden Ridge where I got a lovely clear glass pitcher for my beloved Sweet Tea! I also saw a few other items I want for the kitchen that I'm going to re-do one day while Paul is asleep because he hates my overly rooster decorated kitchen.......I'm about tired of it myself so I'm gonna re-do it. I like using simple colors on the walls and cabinets with colorful accessories so it doesn't cost a fortune and only takes a few small changes to change the entire look.

Anyway, then we came home and spent some time .......cuddling..... and watching our fav shows on TV.

We had planned to go see the new Star Trek movie as well, but as usual, we decided to wait til it was closer to it's end run- or more probably until it comes out on cable. I was all for going to see it today, but Paul vetoed the idea.
Go figure.
S'ok tho- I loved that he went shopping with me in what used to be one of my favorite places.

Garden Ridge has changed a LOT since my last visit there. It used to spell of all manner of spices that you could smell when you were still in the parking lot. Not so anymore. Now they have changed it around so it's more like a furniture and home essentials warehouse! Very bare and not pretty at all.

Don't get me wrong...they had Home Theatre recliners for $199.........A black leather headboard I was drooling over for $199 as well.....Room sized rugs for under 50.00............kitchenware for under 10.00.......loads of lovely stuff, but the "feel" of the place was all wrong.

Paul quickly realized that me being in that particular shop was probably NOT a good idea and so after only a single measly HOUR and a HALF of shopping, he got all selfish and said it was time to leave.
;-)
At that time I only had my list of new stuff for the bedroom, living room and Kitchen done. I hadn't made it to the bath , nor the office areas yet.

I have to say this was the best anniversary we've celebrated. They just keep getting better every year- and I'm looking forward to 50 more with my darling Husband.




(And, I'm going back to Garden Ridge next weekend to finish my list.)
:-)

3 comments:

Evan 08 said...

Sounds like it was a good day.

Terry Chandler said...

Glad it was Happy!

marie said...

Happy anniversary! Frank wanted to call but we figured you would be out all day so... Im glad you had fun.Luv ya!