Friday, May 08, 2009

Spring's here....or Summer.

Well, so many things happening this month!!

We have about 10 birthdays this month in our family. Plus Mother's Day, Plus 2 Anniversaries- one being mine and Paul's.

Paul and I went last night and got our very own lawnmower as our anniversary prezzie.
Now we don't have to worry about borrowing one from anyone. Not that we ask very often- but now we don't HAVE to.
;-)

We're not big on yard-work- but I think this time maybe I will try and get out and make me a pretty flower bed and spruce up our yard a bit.
I think maybe being out in the sun and fresh(?) air will be good for me- and Paul.

I have an agenda.
:-)

5 comments:

Astarte said...

I love yard work. I know, I'm a freak. I even kind of like mowing the grass. It's sort of like interior decorating, without dealing with dogs or kids. Also, once you plant the flowers, they look nice all summer, unlike the living room, which is a mess again about ten minutes after I clean it!

Sunny said...

Hadn't thought of it like that!!!
I LIKE that idea!!!

I think more women like yardwork that not. I'm probably in the minority in my thinking.
;-)

Seacat said...

I LOVE yard work too. I'll be happy to lend a hand and help you build a small flower bed. Once you see those first little sprigs coming up and then turning into beautiful flowers, you'll be hooked. At least, this is what happened for me! Let me know!! I even have a rechargeable hand held tiller/cultivator that I'll be happy to bring over to dig in the dirt with.
Did I mention that I LOVE yard work??
Sea

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

I may take you up on that Seacat!!
I want a bit of a cottage feel to it, so I'm still thinking about what to put in it. And the front entrance to my house is only about 24 feet wide so it won't take a lot of work(I think). It already has a couple of rose bushes(climbers) at the corners, and some "Thrift"- I'm sure you know what that is....so just cutting the grass and doing some mulching and maybe planting a bit of "Monkey Grass" or some such stuff might do it.I kinda want something evergreen in there too so it won't look horrible in the winter as well.

And I love things that smell good and grow wild- like Honeysuckle and Morning Glories too.

I really DO like the overgrown-cottage look don't I???

Looking back over this comment- it looks like more work than i anticipated, doesn't it???

LOL!!!