Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lazy weekend......

(God, I LOVE Calvin & Hobbes. I miss 'em......This is soooo me & Paul this weekend)
**********************

Soooo...yesterday someone(a female driver, natch)in a big ole honking Chevy AVALANCHE TRUCK, backed into my compact car. Headlight,indicator light, right fender, front bumper and hood were all damaged.
Spent all morning dealing with police and insurance companies. ...on two hours sleep. Figures the ONE day I had less than two hours sleep- I had to take TWO tests at work, had to stay over for a mandatory mask fitting, broke my toe the day before, and only wanted to get finished so I could go home and sleep for a few hours,....that accident had to happen.

At least I wasn't IN the car when it happened. Right?
************************************************
Then we came home, Paul smoked a lovely turkey breast, and then we slept the rest of the evening and half the morning today.
OH- Rub recipe for turkey rub is as follows....
***************************************************
Turkey Dry Rub Recipe

1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sage(or poultry seasoning)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Lightly coat the turkey breast with a bit of veg oil, then dust with the rub mix. A light coating is all you need, but for a more intense flavoring, rub some under the skin of the turkey as well.

Let the turkey rest in the fridge for an hour before putting in the heat- be it the oven, or the grill- so the flavors can absorb into the meat.
(If you're doing a whole turkey- double the recipe for the rub and follow the same instructions.
*********************************************
I have to tell you tho- that Paul did NOT let it rest in the fridge for an hour before he put it in the grill/smoker and it was perfectly wonderful.


Anyway, we've been snacking on that turkey breast all last night and today and it's divine...as well as almost gone. And wouldn't you just know it, it's raining with thunder and lightening today so we can't try anything else on the grill today. Dang it.

It also means no walking for me unless I can catch a break in the downpours. And Paul is ahead of me in our challenge. S'ok.....I'll catch back up when I go back to work Monday. And then I expect to pull WAY ahead over the weekend.

I learned a valuable lesson the last night I worked and walked. I left home with my iPod just a TAD under fully charged... HUGE mistake. It ran down before the night was over with all the pausing and resuming the workout I do. So I didn't even get to record all my "dedicated walking" I did. But I still did it- Just like I did it over the weekend when there was a slight problem with my iPod.
My foot is feeling better today as well, so I expect to be walking again today at some point if the weather will give us a break.
THIS is when a treadmill would REALLY REALLY REALLY come in handy.
I mean, we really don't have much room for it in the living room, but damn if I wouldn't MAKE room for it somehow.

I've been toying with the idea of having my hair cut into long layers again. My hair is about waist length now- but it's so baby fine that it doesn't look very healthy. I thought cutting it would make it look thicker and just ...healthier. Paul reminded me why I grew my hair out to begin with. And that was because when I have my hair cut in layers, as long as I wash and style it every single day- it looks great- but if I let it go for a day without washing and styling it- it looks like a 4 year old has been chopping on my hair with a pair of kindergarten scissors.
He suggested that I think on it some more- and maybe make it my "reward" for losing down to One-derland! And that's a GREAT idea!!!

Who knows, I may have it cut off into a gamin cut when I do that. I'm in the mood for a change!!!!!

:-)

No comments: