Friday, March 31, 2006

DIVINE!!!!!

Fresh strawberries will soon be in season and that means STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE.

Most people use either pound cake or sponge cake to make their SSC, but I love to make it with Angel Food Cake.

I have a DIVINE recipe for Angel Food Cake and if you would like to have it, let me know and I'll post it on here.

Angel food cake has NO FAT in it.
Angel food cake has only 167 calories and 0 fat grams a slice as compared to 450-800 calories and lots of fat grams for almost any other type cake. Some cakes can even go as high as 1200 cals a slice. (SHUDDER)

Of course if you really want a low fat/low cal treat- there's 0 cals/0 fat grams bit of DUST.

I'd rather have a bit of Cake.
Cake...Yes.......... we all love cake, don't we, luv?

CAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaakkkkkke!!!!

3 comments:

Woman atop her Soapbox said...

Yes, recipe please!

~TG

Sunny said...

Okay.
That was fast!

Vicarious Living said...

Sponge cake is just icky, and the reason I usually avoid SSC, but I'll have to try it with an angel food cake base!