Monday, March 06, 2006

What To Do, What To Do...........?

I've decided I need to simplify my life a bit more. So, I have been thinking about ways I can do that.
One of the ideas I've been toying with is having a yard sale and selling all my clothes. No laundry to do- and no worries about having to decide what to wear anymore.

Just kidding.
What I HAVE been seriously considering is changing my wardrobe. Right now I have about a blue zillion shirts of different colors and various types of pants and sweats.

I am thinking that I can simplify things by getting rid of all that and having a basic wardrobe of 8 pairs of jeans. I would also have 6 plain white short-sleeved Tees and 6 white tanks. White socks and white sneakers. I have a white pair, a red pair, a black pair and a blue pair of denim shorts as well to pair with the tees and tanks on summer days.

Wouldn't that make doing laundry a LOT easier? And not having to decide what to wear would be heavenly, as well.

In autumn and winter I have about a dozen sweaters and sweatshirts I could keep and wear with the jeans I would buy.

This came up because I tried throwing some different colors together. Mainly it was ONE pair of black jeans that had been missed and it was threw in with the rest of the jeans. The blue jeans came out a bit grayish because of the dye in the black jeans. It was a mess.

Am I crazy for even considering that idea? I just hate doing 5 or 6 different loads of laundry every week just to keep the colors looking bright. All the blues together. All the reds together.
All the blacks together. All the whites together. Then all the linens. And my uniforms which are blue shirts and tan pants. Paulius clothes are mainly blue and black and white already so that would be great.

SIMPLIFY.
Blues. Whites. Blacks. Linens.
Done deal.

2 comments:

misty harley said...

Don't do it! I tried it and although the theory sounds great, before you know it...your throwing blues in with blacks, blacks in with whites and you have that whole new shade already experianced.

We always return back to pure laziness even with the best of ideas on how to hide said lazy.

(btw--I hope you don't mind...I linked you--your blog is hysterical!)

Sunny said...

LOL- Naaaa...I don't usually mix my colors to wash. That's why it takes me all freaking day to do laundry for only TWO people.
Besides, Blue, black and white are the only colors i usually wear....occasionally I will wear red-or gray, but usually not.
Thanks for the link- and the comment!!