Sunday, March 26, 2006

Just Stuff.....

I guess today is going to be one of those random musings days. I am bored out of my skull today. I used to think I could easily become a hermitt-ess, but now I'm not so sure.
My two best friends in the world are busy this weekend- Ronni is a newly-wed and doing stuff newly-weds do.
Lois is off being an event planner and doing what Event Planners do this weekend.
One of my sisters is at work and the other is living way off in BFE so it's not feasible to go visit with them today.
My eldest son is with his family today, my youngest son is working his "event" at his job today, and my daughter is relaxing with her family after a very stressful week at her job as well.
And Paulius is still abed- recovering from a bit of a re-lapse of the stomach bug.
I suppose I could go visit my mom, but I just am not in the mood to listen to her rant about my bros & sisters faults.
I don't know what has gotten into my mom lately, but her attitude is driving me absolutely nuts.
Can't deal with it today.
So here I sit. I've put dinner on . Today we are having a lovely rice dish with Pork Roast Medallions.

Do y'all have a chore that is just the BANE of your existence?
I do- It's called washing dishes.
I HATE doing dishes. This wouldn't be a problem- but Paulius hates doing them as well...(and I always re-rinse them when he does them, which doesn't help matters any).
I swear- I would rather clean the bathroom than wash dishes. Nope- we don't have a dishwasher. Not anymore. It gave up the ghost on us a while ago. I would load the thing- and the dishes would come out looking worse than when they went in. NO JOKE.
We tried everything- cleaning the hoses, cleaning the filter, nothing helped.
My son, who is staying with us, usually does them every day. But he's been away for about three days now and they have sort of multiplied on us during this time. Usually my Sunday routine is to get up, put dinner on, then do a good cleaning, nay, scrubbing of the kitchen. Wiping all the appliances down, the fridge out, moving everything on the counter-tops and cleaning them, then wiping off the cabinets as well. Sweeping, vacuuming(yes, someone thought it would be a grand idea to carpet HALF the kitchen floor. Not the part where the table should go...no- it was put down in front of the stove and the sink. Why?????)
So now I have to be very careful about things getting spilled on it, and splashing water from the dishwater, and worst of all, Paulius and I can't have water fights with the sprayer in the kitchen like normal newly-weds do. We have to do it the old fashioned way..water balloons or the hose-pipe outside when we are washing the car. (Which has happened only twice since Paulius and I got married.)
Sigh...Life can be so unfair......
Anyway, I usually do all that and then wash up all the dishes on Sunday mornings while everything is quiet. The when Paulius wakes up, I (or he) make(s) breakfast and we have a nice leisurely meal and chat at the table.
I love our Sunday mornings. It's my favorite part of my week.I hate when things get in the way of them. Like stomach bugs, or getting up later than usual, or appointments.
Sundays should be for R & R and enjoying life.
Don't you think?
Speaking of enjoying life, Paulius' parents are coming over for a visit. I am so looking forward to it! Seriously! It's the first time I will be meeting them face to face since they weren't able to make it for our wedding. We have a web-cam and we have chatted quite a bit over the net, but it's not the same, I think.
Did you know that's how Paulius and I met? Over the internet?
We were pen-pals(he was my mentor when I got a computer and knew absolutely nothing about them)for about 6 months before we ever spoke on the phone. We became great friends before we became a couple. And it was- and IS - amazing.
I wish every couple were as happy as we are.

I told you this was going to be a rambling post, today, now didn't I?

I really haven't had time to do the "The Way My Mind Works" post yet. Give it another couple of weeks, maybe.

That's when the brain will kick into overdrive because I/we will be doing about a hundred things before the in-laws get here.

Uh-oh...I smell the roast in the oven....gotta run check it......
Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunny, I'm sorry you were so bummed today. I also had a so-so kind of weekend. Spent a good portion of the day yesterday helping Mom clean up her yard. She wants to plant flowers and such, but there was still such of mess of leaves and brances and junk from the winter and ice-storm and all. So we spent the last 2 Saturdays working on it. Imagine, fi you will, my 80something year old mother, raking leaves onto a tarp until it was too heavy to move, then attaching said tarp to the riding lawn mower, and proceding to drag tarp and leaves and all through the yard and across the road to a ditch where the county will pick it up. Amazing! Anyway, that was Saturday, and so did I get to relax on Sunday? Noooooooo. I spent 4 hours at work getting ready for a Document Management audit next week! Horrors! Wish me luck....
Terry the Topcat