Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Good News!!!

NO- I DIDN'T save a bundle of cash by switching my insurance to Geico!

I get so tired of tuning in the news and hearing about nothing but Deaths, Destruction, Murders, Rapes, Robberies, Assaults, Kidnappings, Wars............

Occasionally there will be a report on someone winning the lottery....but they haven't stepped up to claim the prize, which also depresses me even further because if I had won it, it certainly wouldn't still be sitting there waiting to be claimed.

I think there should be a
GOOD NEWS NEWS CHANNEL- Only good news- all the time.

Do you think reporters would go out looking for news stories about GOOD things that were happening? Citizens could call or send in their good news. Would it work?Or do you think it would be a colossal flop?

I'm not sure if it would work. But for me- it would make life a bit easier to have some news to smile about once in a while.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

good idea. actually there is a website goodnewsindia.com which concentrates on only the good news that is not projected in the Indian media about India. Wonder whether there is a similar site for US of A. That site is being run by a single person who does everything !! hats off to him and hats off to others who have similar sites.
Really reading the news or hearing it only makes me feel sad and pessimistic about everything shit this is a big comment sorry enjoy

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea, Sunny! And I think YOU should launch it. I would be a faithful viewer, that's for sure. All we have now that remotely resembles your idea is TV Land -- Nick at Nite -- you know, back when life was a lot less complicated ... at least in sitcoms! If India can do it, so can the US of A!

Hugs,
L

Paulius said...

Lee Evans said it best:

"You're never watching the game then suddenly: "We interupt this game of football for an important news flash! Everything's great! Everything's Great! Everything's great!"

Apparently, good news doesn't count as news...unless you count the bit at the end about the water-skiing squirrels

MC Etcher said...

I agree completely! Let's do it! We could even record our news segments and post them on YouTube

Sunny said...

LOL- if only I had the time to do it!

Or if i got paid a salary to do it.

Anonymous said...

I've got one word for ya, Sunny ...

ADVERTISING

'nuff said.

L

Sunny said...

See....thats why you get the BIG BUCKS, Sis.

Lordy Miz Lois, I don't know nuthin' bout birthin' no advertisin'.

And don't have the energy to learn.
;-)

The Idiot Speaketh said...

I would guess that no network would run such a channel. We all know how us people gravitate to the bad stories (with great guilt). I would watch the good news channel, is there enough good news these days to fill in a full day?

Sunny said...

That's what I'm asking. I'm sure there is good news out there to be reported- just finding it and getting it broadcast would be the problem. like you said- we, as a whole,do seem to gravitate to the bad or sensational stories.
Maybe one of the inspirational channels would consider it tho.

Anonymous said...

What makes you all think it would take a whole day's worth of good news to broadcast? Take a look at the all news channels running now. They run a continuous loop of the same news stories over and over and over ...

Sunny, or should I call you Butterfly? You're too funny about not knowing "nuthin' bout birthin' no advertisin'."

Tomorrow is another day ...