Friday, February 08, 2008

Cut and Paste..................................

Okay, let me begin by apologizing to anyone I have recently sent a forward to.....It was temporary insanity.

I have been getting at LEAST 50 forwards a day for several weeks now..........and most of them are from people I barely know and who it is painfully obvious have NO idea what I like and find funny. My FRIENDS do...and send me forwards showing they do.

As one friend put it.."Forwards are a double edged sword- Some people use them to "keep in touch" and let you know they're "thinking of you."" True- but those I don't mind- its the ones I receive that have 1388 OTHER addresses attached to it as well that annoy me. Especially when they have anything to do with a subject I have no interest in "bear hunting" or some such crap as that.....

I have very little time to read my e-mail and write with a full time job and those forwards are taking up too much of my precious time I could be spending with my husband and family or writing an actual blog or e-mails that my friends will enjoy reading.

So from now on.........in order to avoid all the annoyance, I will NOT open forwards anymore...If you think it's funny enough to send me and you are really THINKING it will cheer me up in some way- CUT and PASTE it to a regular e-mail and it will be looked at. If you take the time and effort to do that I will read it and be fairly sure you actually ARE sending it to me instead of me just being included in your mailing list of 1389 mailing addresses-Otherwise- if it says FW in the title- It will be deleted into cyberspace.



So sorry if I upset anyone- but it had to be said.

3 comments:

lolly said...

Ha ha ha.......You know i'm just going to send more now right? LMAO

Sunny said...

LUCKY for YOU , you are one of the people I was talking about who KNOW me and what I like.........!!!!

Where is that BLOG-RANT you was talking about anyway???

Look- I worked HARD to think up a way to get a Rant out of someone and you PROMISED!!!
Don't make me send another one to you- and believe me- I have an ARCHIVE of em!!!!

I'll do it!
I WILL!!!!

Divian said...

I hate forwards.

Yes.

I hate them.

Let's start an anti-forward revolution.

:)