Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Owwww- I Like a Bit O' Cake!!!!!!!

Talk about a day of ups and downs...


Yesterday I got up having my day all planned out.
Tradition in our family is on your birthday you get to do whatever you want- within reason- all day long.
Let's just say it didn't happen yesterday for me.

So anyway, I got up thinking Paulius and I would get to spend the day together..... but he was asleep and I couldn't rouse him to go do things with me. I'm not one to sit around sulking when things don't go the EXACT way I planned- so I set off on my own for my Birthday Adventure.
First I went to my eldest son's house. He told me for my birthday he was going to check all the fluids in my car for me so I wouldnt have to be bothered with doing it. If I had had time he would have changed the fluids and filters as well but I had other plans. So insted of him doing it right away- we decided he and his wife, Marie, and their baby boy, Nicholas, would ride with me up to see the new baby and his mama.
So we loaded up and off we went to Travelers rest to spend some time with them.
We got halfway there and I saw the car was almost on empty- so I pulled into the station to re-fuel.
Well my sweet son got out to pump it and when he was finished he got gas all over his hand...........
I know- small thing- just go in the restroom and wash it off....no can do- it was closed and so no hand wash.

Ah well, we rode on........Poor Frank and me BOTH have been having some serious tooth problems in the past couple of months.......I think stress has a lot to do with it. Anyway, we get to Kathy and Lil C's house and the traveling nurse pulls up wanting to weigh the baby and do a routine house-call on the new mommy. So we go thru all that.

Kathy got some LOVELY photos of the baby done at SEARS of all places! They are SO cute!
Anyway, after the nurse finally left we got to visit for a couple hours before Kathy started getting tired and we decided to leave so she could rest. I got to hold the baby and feed him and put his clothes on him........I didn't get to change him tho......he was too busy eating to mess up a diaper for Nana. But Kathy gave me a lovely framed collage of her maternity photos for my birthday!
I cant wait to get the new baby pics as well!

My poor Frank just got depressed while we was up there at his brothers house....he said it just wasn't right that Clay wasn't there with us.
I agreed.

I was going to go by the cemetary as well but I decided to wait a few days for that visit. Frank was already upset and I didn't want to add to his stress anymore that day.

So we went down to my daughter, Julies, house.
She lives about 40 miles from me and I hardly ever get to see her anymore with our schedules being so in conflict! And to make it worse- I totally missed the exit to her house and I drove nearly 10 miles out of my way before I realized what I had done...and had to backtrack.....
But we had a nice visit anyway.......
Only Julie had went to the dentist last week and she was hurting as well.
She's usually the one who makes me a birthday cake, she wasn't feeling well enough to bake so I didn't get one this year.
I was sad........ as Paulius says"it's just not the same without a cake with a candle in it."
And it's true.

So I was thinking that it was Sunday for some strange reason, and we got started home right at 4:30 PM........and got caught in the 4 oclock traffic rush........which lasted so long it lead to us being caught in the 5 oclock traffic rush as well.
Then my nerves were shot and I could feel an anxiety attack coming on so I stopped at the pharmacy to get my script refilled- which took about 20 mins -and when we came out it was just after 6PM which led to us being caught in the 6 oclock traffic rush as well.
I had left home at noonish- and had left a note for Paulius saying I was going on to do my stuff and I would be home by 6......so I had to have Marie call him and let him know I was getting ready to drop them off and I would be right home.
Well when we got back to Frank and maries Frank wanted to put the fluids in the car so I waited while he checked everything out and filed it up.......He said I still need a couple quarts of oil and a quart of Tranny fluid but I didn't have it with me , nor the time to go buy more, so it'll have to wait a while.

Anyway, I went home after that and Paulius was waiting at the door and kissed me and sang happy birthday to me-MY STYLE!!!
That was GREAT!
He said he was waiting for me to come home to start dinner- but I wanted to go out to eat. So we went out to Applebee's Bar & Grill for dinner and it was great. BUT- I decided that since I didn't get cake I was going to get dessert- and it was just a bit too much!!!!!
But then we came home and watched a movie-Oceans Thirteen- which I fell in sleep in the middle of.

I got several cards, three people phoned me and sang to me- and I got LOADS of e-mail wishes...........but......


I still want my CAKE!
Yeah- I'm spoiled......But-
It's ALL ABOUT ME on my Birthday!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all about you EVERY day, Hon.

Smooches,
L

Julie said...

Damn mama, I felt really bad when you left and I realized that I didnt even get to make you a cake this year. I SOOO SOWWY. I'll make it up to you I promise. Sorry you had such a bad birthday. Next year will be better- I promise! Good news is that I'm feeling better now. Not completely but a little better withthe pain. I love you and I Sowwy mama.

Sunny said...

Baby Girl- I was perfectly happy with getting to see all my babies on my birthday....I just HAD to make a big deal about not getting a cake because Paul makes a big deal about it when it's HIS b-Day.

I know you wasn't feeling up to baking becuase of your dental surgery and I totally understand why you didn't make one for me....You don't have to worry about making it up to me- there is nothing to make up for.
After all- you're the ONLY person who has ever made me a birthday cake since I learned to bake for myself at the age of 7.
I love you baby girl!!
All my heart!

Lois- I KNOW!!! It's SOOOOO all about ME!!! (And just so everyone ELSE knows- Lois is the one who got me started saying that........not to mention BELIEVING IT!!!
Blame it on Lois...It's ENTIRELY her fault!!!)Smooches back atcha Sis......
heehee.

Anonymous said...

I did no such thing!!! You've been saying that since you were born. Blame it on me ..?

AS IF!

(tee hee)
L

lolly said...

Well, I didn't get you a cake, but I DID get some crunchies..........which i'll be mailing along with the beef hula hoops I bought....

Southern Plate said...

I hope you get it this year!!!
Been having a blast nosing around your great blog here!
Thank you for all of the grins and giggles you've given me today!
(I kinda needed them with the day I was having! LOL)
Gratefully,
Christy @ SouthernPlate