Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Open Letter From Barney to My Former Masters.

HELLO!!!!

Greetings from my new home!!!

My new masters have named me 'Barney'........'Mac' just didn't quite suit me, they said. I quite like it and am responding to it when they call me by name.
They seem pleased that I like my new name.
Buddy(Their big doggie) and I are getting along famously..... so far. And, as long as he stays out of MY food bowl, things will continue to go nicely.
;-)
Believe it or not- I think I might be Alpha Dog of the two of us!!!! He(Buddy) is just a big baby and when I bark at him, he just about jumps out of his shaggy, fur coat!
We are BOTH the SAME color, too! However, he always has a bit of a confused look on his face and it concerns me somewhat. I'm sure with time he will realize I am a playmate for him, and not one of those annoying creatures they call a 'CAT' that they talked about on the way home.

I've been exploring my new home and there are all sorts of places to hide and lots of toys to play with here!!!
I have a lovely Blue Velvet Blanket all to myself and they bought me a big bag of my regular food and a pretty, bright blue harness at PetSmart, and a collar and lead to match as well.
I also got a new toy for myself and the big shaggy dog to play tug of war with!

We have had lots of company coming over today. I was on my best behavior and they all agree that I am QUITE the charmer!
(I hope that's a good thing for a doggie!)

I'll send an update in a few days just to let you know everything is still working out.
Thank you so much finding me a good, happy, loving home!
I miss you all, but am sure in a few days I will be settled in quite nicely here as well!

Love,
Barney

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cant wait to meet the new family member! need pictures till then!

Sunny said...

I would, but the charger for our digital camera had been "misplaced" so we cant take ANY photos at the moment.

I really DO need to find it soon...as in before CJ arrives!!

Speaking of which...I've gotta go or I'm gonna be late for K's Doc appoinment!..........