Monday, February 04, 2008

Stuff....and THINGS!!!!!


This weekend was crazy with the ups and downs!

Such As:.......

I'm getting a puppy! (Isn't he CUTE?) A breeder has sweetly asked if I would like to have him...the last of a litter that she wasn't able to sell. He's not a baby by any means-5 months old- but he IS still a puppy. His name is BigBoy, altho, I think that's "stretching" it a bit. Hahahahahahaha.....get it? Stretching it?
Ahhhhhh, I KILL me sometimes!!!
Anyway, I'm going to pick him up on Wednesday Morning if all goes as planned. And I may re-name him Mac. I haven't decided yet. Maybe just add it to his "Now Name" until he gets used to it and then just call him Mac....he just looks like the one my son had when he was at home- and his name was Mac, so I KNOW I'm gonna end up calling him Mac half the time anyway- just from habit.
Any thoughts on re-naming a pet when you get them? Good idea- bad idea?
*************************************************************************

Now, Kathy's baby shower yesterday was a BLAST! We had about 45 people come- played some games, ate some food, and watched her open gifts! She got some lovely stuff! And the nursery is LOVELY! She did it in Baby Safari or Zanzibar. She has that room so perfect that I wanna live in it!!! All Sage greens and muted blues and tans.....it's so adorable!
Her friend Kelly was in charge of games.......Of course we played the pin game where everyone gets a mini clothes pin(peg) and clips it on their outfit. Then you're not allowed to say the word "Baby" because if you do- the one to catch you saying it takes your pin. And you have to be extra careful because if you have caught 4 people and have all their pins and you get caught saying the B word- then you don't just lose ONE pin, you lose ALL of them!
I think Kelly's mom won that game cause she looked like a clothes-line gone bad with all the pins on her shirt.
Another game we were GOING to play was the "Guess the Candy Bar "game.
See, you get a few (3-5) disposable diapers and put a different candy bar in each one. Then you put them in the microwave and let them melt for a FEW seconds and then pass them around and guess what the candy bar is in each one.
Well, Miss Kelly put the candy barred diapers in the microwave oven for too long and ....well, have you ever SMELLED Burnt chocolate? There was smoke galore. It was just too funny! We abandoned that game- too close to reality after burning the chocolate.
;-)All in all tho- it was a GOOD day altho we were ALL exhausted by the time it was over.
*****************************************************************************

I was afraid we-(Kathy and I)-were going to get upset at the shower- but Kathy and I both held it together.
I had to drive right by the accident site on my way home tho, and Kathy's mom had asked my sister to dispose of the balloons off the mailbox, so she had taken them and put them on the 4 foot Cross that adorns the place where my son came to rest after he was ejected form the car that night.
I was planning on stopping for a minute there anyway, but I was there about an hour pouring out my grief. I just couldn't stop crying, nor bring myself to leave. But, I finally pulled myself together enough to come home. Obviously. Doh!
*************************************************************************

When I got home, Paulius and I spent a good bit of time together without me falling asleep too early like I usually do on my days off! I actually made it to almost 4AM before toddling off to bed. I've figured out that I can stay awake at work until 6AM because I am moving around and doing stuff....at home I am parked in front of a TV or reading a book because it's the middle of the night and have nothing to do but vegetate and I can't sit still at night without falling asleep.
Only bad side to my working nights.
We also watched a movie this weekend....I'll just let Paulius Blog speak for my opinion on "The Invasion". It's EXACTLY the same as his.
BTW- has anyone seen "Cloverfield" yet? I kinda want to see it- but from the trailers it's either gonna be a HUGE hit with me OR a HUGE disappointment. I'd like at least one review of it before I go see it.
*****************************************************************
Back to work for me now today.....I have my long week this week- I'll be working 12 hour shifts today and tomorrow, then be off two days, and then work my long weekend. I don't mind tho- I LOVE this schedule!
Best part is I'm saving so much money on fuel for my car!!!! I was working 10-12 days for a 2 week period, but now I'm only working 7 days in the same time-frame and traveling less- and for a bit more pay too!
This is freaking awesome!
***************************************************************************

1 comment:

Terry Chandler said...

Awwww, what a cute puppy!
I'm glad Kathy's shower was such a success. The baby's room sounds really terrific. I know this baby is eagerly awaited by many. He will be surrounded by love.
Hugs!
Terry