Saturday, February 16, 2008

Nice and Neat and Organized......

I just spent the past two and a half hours cleaning out and organizing the four drawers in our shared desk.....or at least it has been shared up to this point. I decided that I would clean out my two drawers in the desk so Paulius could have them to store his ever growing collection of information he needs to write and gadgets he has to keep him occupied in his spare time.

So I figure, it won't take but a half hour to do it- and set off getting it done.
Little did I realize that both of us had been putting stuff in there and so I ended up having to go thru every single piece of paper that was in those desk drawers and decide if they were something that needed to be kept or a throwaway..........then after cleaning them out, I re-organized them and put all his gadgets in a drawer by themselves and all his receipt folders in one. His most used things went in the one he had them in, and all his manuals and such went in the last one.

After I finished I sat there and looked around our home and realized if I cleaned and organized things back into shape it would take me all year........

What brought all this on? We took the morning to go to a shop yesterday and they had the most WONDERFUL Kitchen gadgets and it made me want to completely re-do our kitchen....get organized and such. Then while sitting at the desk this morning I realized how upside down IT was and decided to just clear my stuff out and let Paulius have it completely for all his belongings.

What am I going to do about desk space?
I have a file cabinet I have all my stuff in at the moment....but I have an antique headboard and foot-board that I had given to Clay and then he and Kathy got married and furnished their home together. he completely forgot about the bed frame so he gave it back to me. I think I'll have it made into a desk for me. I don't need a huge desk like Paulius does....and when we get a laptop- I'll put it on my desk.
;-)
I call that A PLAN!

No comments: