Monday, April 27, 2009

A Different Perspective.

We'rrrrrrrre Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!


It was an absolutely awesome trip. We had a nice room with a balcony and it was right on the river next to a small waterfall and I LOVED it(EXCEPT for the two double beds instead of a king-sized one...)
;-)

I've been to Gatlinburg many times- and I was looking forward to showing Paul around up there.
But it ended up being a whole different experience for me as well.
Yes, we went to the same places I've been before- but this time we ended up doing absolutely NOTHING that I had ever done in Gatlinburg before.
I'm not joking.

Since Paul is writing about it I won't write alot, but just to say that the Aquarium was absolutely fantastic- I wasn't claustrophobic at all((((((HUGE SURPRISE!!!))))))))))) in the tunnel that runs thru the middle of the aquarium and I was so mesmerized by the whole thing I kept reaching out as if I could touch the fish as they swam by. I probably could have went thru that tunnel 10 more times before I had had enough. It was wonderful and worth every penny we paid to get in- which WAS a little pricey(20.00 for adults) -but as I said- WELL worth it.

We walked a LOT over the course of our stay- our room was just one block off the main strip and parking was practically non-existent and you had to walk everywhere anyway- so I had BETTER have lost a few pounds. Altho I DID give in and indulge a bit- I had a chocolate Kit-Kat bar up there and I had two small chocolate brownies as well our last dinner out.
And miracle of Miracles, I had four beers during the weekend. Not just ANY beer tho- I had Samuel Adams...the only beer I actually ENJOY drinking because it's dark and rich and has FLAVOR!!! YUM. But as I said- all the walking we did more than made up for that small bit of indulgences....I hope.

I think the thing I was most excited about in the StarsCars Museum was probably the Batmobile.......Or Granpa Munsters car...........or the Clampett's truck.....all part of my childhood memories(in front of the TV set).
You can tell from the pictures Paul posted that I absolutely detest having my photo taken- and it shows.....either I wasn't smiling at ALL- or I was making an obviously fake happy face in them. .......Getting Paul in front of the camera except for beside his "ECTO 1" or The "Back to the Future" Car was absolutely impossible.
Yet despite our dislike for having our photos done- we got our pic taken and permanently etched into a beautiful glass cube to put on display in our home. THAT was awesome too.

As soon as I woke up this morning, I was on the laptop planning our NEXT vacation in August.......to Charleston, SC.

We're also planning a BIG holiday - probably sometimes end of next year to England to visit Paul's family. I've never been out of the country before- that will be HUGELY EXCITING for me as well!!!

I can't wait. For BOTH!!!
;-)

No comments: