Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Yakitty-Yak.........

Sigh.....

Paulius says I talk too much. I didn't think so.
Right now I might talk more than usual- but that's only because I'm All Jacked Up on cold medicine because i have a horrible head cold I picked up at work last week.

(Working at the hospital does have it's MAJOR drawbacks. I can't think of a better place for breeding germs. And all those little boogers seem to gravitate towards me.
You would think that being in dispatch- in the dungeon away from everyone- I would be relatively safe from most of those germs- NOT. You see- all the other officers are in the rest of the hospital and are breathing the air and touching all manner of things and then they come down and touch the doorknobs and the faucett handles and pens and the radios and such. Also we get paperwork from the nursing co-ordinators and they are up on the floors handling all the germy things as well. As are the police officers who come down and hand us their paperwork to initial. And housekeeping who supposedly come down to "clean".

Whatever.... if they SAY so..........

Anyway- I wanted Paulius to do me a favor tonight- I didn't wanna do it because mainly I am off work tonight and not feeling well and couldn't be bothered- and he told me that he would GLADLY do the favor for me if I promised to not say a word for 10 whole minutes.
"No problem" I said.

Turns out it was a bigger problem than I thought it would be. I actually had to put my finger over my lips because I almost talked several times during the first MINUTE!

I got thinking about it- I talk for a living. I talk for pleasure. I talk just to be annoying.
I can seriously talk nonstop for hours. About nothing- Or about any subject I'm seriously interested in- Like Christmas/Holiday Decorating. Or re-arranging furniture. Or cooking.

But I do have my quiet times too. I can sit for hours and read quietly- or listen to music- or watch TV- altho that still sort of involves talking- them not me(altho I DO sometimes comment to the characters if they are doing or saying something I am in agreement or disagreement about).
I only have a problem with talking if there is someone in the room I like and want to interact with. And Paulius is one person I will never get tired of interacting with. For literally YEARS we could only e-mail, regular mail- or talk on the phone for an hour a day- if that- and I think he is one of the most interesting people I have ever met.
So, in essence, what I'm saying is ..........





It's HIS fault I talk so much.

ALL

HIS

FAULT.

5 comments:

Paulius said...

This is true. One morning at around 3am, we were talking...I fell asleep. I woke up an hour and a half later, and she was still talking...and hadn't even noticed I'd fallen asleep.

If words were water, she'd have enough to float a battleship.

Anonymous said...

Sunny, I never get tired of listening to you so feel free to call me when Mr. Blog-Me-A-River gets tired of hearing it. The nerve!

I mean, REALLY!

Hope you feel better soon.
Smooches,
L

MC Etcher said...

Hope you feel better soon!

OzzyC said...

Paulius, I can relate. My mom and my older daughter are both talkers. I used to bust my mom on it, but she'd pout, so I quit.

I bust my daughter, and she just says "I know, I love to talk. I can talk about everything and nothing. I can talk all day..." and on and on and on, until I want to rip my ears off of my head, just so it's a little quieter.

Vicarious Living said...

So you like to communicate; it's a good thing. At least you'll never be bored. And anything you can blame on Paulius....