Monday, March 10, 2008

Someday.......SOON!



The BLACK one is what I'm going to buy when I lose ALL my weight!
Naughty, eh? Course, I can't wear it outside the house but it'll be great for a romantic night home with my Paulius.
My BFF Lois is sending me the RED one! Much more suitable for an evening out on the town.

I've officially lost 16 pounds now.

I still have a lot to go before reaching my goal weight.
But I'm going to talk about that part. I'm going to celebrate the loss I have achieved!

This diet isn't so bad.
I haven't once been hungry when I eat everything like I'm supposed to. And it doesn't require special foods either. Paulius and I can make one dinner and I just omit the bread and/or potatoes and/or rice or pasta. ........Starches.

No dessert or snacking between meals.
I stay on the diet for 12 days- and have a break for two days during which I can eat whatever I want.
And I DO eat whatever I want on those two days. Then I go back on the diet for 12 more days.........
I have it set up so my long weekend off work and my two days off the diet coincide. (Dang- that was a big word for a blond.)

I honestly didn't have any faith that this diet would work when my friend K.B., at work, found it for me.
The doctor had given me a 1200 cal a day diet that gave me free rein over WHAT I ate-even sweets in very MODERATE amounts...but Karen and I are diet buddies during the Activate Upstate Weight Loss Challenge and talking with me she realized that I needed something a bit more......restrictive..... for it to work for me.
So she went on the net and browsed until she found this diet and gave it to me. I ran it past my doctor and she thought it was an even better diet for me than the one she had given me because it eliminated all starches and sweets except for the two days off. And as my doc said- that's what it's all about anyway, I have to learn to eat starches and sweets in EXTREME moderation, only occasionally indulging.
So with my doc's blessing I have been on it for about a month, more or less. And I am averaging a weight loss of about a pound every three days. Steady weight loss.

I have to admit I DID cheat once....the other morning I was craving something sweet- so I got a small oatmeal cookie bar and ate less than half of it with an allowed 8 oz of milk. I left the rest on the desk.(Sorry Pauli, sweetie.)

Only time I have cheated tho- and it doesn't seem to have hurt my weight loss any either cause I had lost another pound when I weighed last night.


I love it. I can stick with this one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG Sunny!

Maybe I should drop you my email address and get more details about this diet because I like that black dress too! ;)

SLBridget

Sunny said...

Where the bloody hell have you been Bridget??
Send me your e-mail addie and I'll be happy to send it to you!

That goes for anyone else wanting to try it as well.
HUGZ!

Terry Chandler said...

Woohoo! You're doing great Sunny. Keep it up girl, and you'll be in that hot little black dress before you know it.
Terry

Anonymous said...

I have been here, Hun. Lurking on the blog-feeder-thingy crying with you in dark moments and cheering with you in your triumphs. And soon, hopefully, shrinking with you too! What? Did you really think you and P could ditch me that easily?!? ;)

Oh, I sent off an email to you... Here's hoping the address I found is correct!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found your blog whilst checking through some of my old blog comments... well done on the weight loss! I tried something similar and stopped before I went on a mad rampage. So it's great that it's working for you :-)

I have my eye on a cute American Apparel dress too, when I reach my target weight. I love the sexy black halterneck you're after - it's all about being body-conscious, but in a good way!

Anonymous said...

Im soooo happy for you! that was the trick,finding the one that worked for U! And its good for your health(not to mention your ego):) Luv Ya!