Friday, June 06, 2008

BUSY, BUSY!!!

OMG- WHAT a WEEK!!!

On Monday I cleaned house all day and then that evening I had a stupid class at work in civilian clothes and somehow misplaced my badge. It was a search and seizure training session and I had already taken it about 6 months ago but since I had driven 25 miles to GO to the class and was getting paid for it(unless I went home and skipped it) I decided I was going to stay and re-take the training.

On Tuesday I went to get a couple of tires on my car since I got paid for 8 hours OT AND 8 hours HOLIDAY pay!!And then learned that they had to special order them....I had forgotten about that part from when Clay ordered them for me before his accident. They wouldn't be in til the next day so it was pretty much a trip well wasted. Well, after that we had to go get groceries, get some household stuff at Dollar General, come home and put all the stuff away, feed and water the dogs, cook-then eat, then looked for the badge some more. I was absolutely exhausted!!!!

On Wednesday, I did laundry, cooked, ate,, cleaned house a bit again, then left for work at 3PM as opposed to my regular 4:45pm because I had to go get the tires put on and THEY didn't get delivered to the shop til after 2PM- THEY were running behind as well because of the late delivery, so I was there until 10 of 6 which luckily didn't make a HUGE difference in the time I got to work cause it's "relatively" close to my job!
The horrible part of THAT day was that Paulius had put on a lovely pork roast with Roast potatoes and gravy and because I had to leave early- and the roast was bigger than we thought it was- it wasn't ready til a few minutes after I had to LEAVE for the tire appointment. To say I was pissed off was putting it mildly....he had dusted it with all sorts of lovely smelling herbs and it smelled like absolute heaven as I was leaving. He DID save me a plate- as well as the other half of the roast but it just wasn't the same the next morning....you know what I mean. Only Thanksgiving Turkey and Christmas Ham are as good as or better on the second day-potatoes, of ANY kind, not so much........a LOT not so much, actually. I'm going to do something special with that leftover pork roast today for dinner tho.........so no worries.

On Thursday I went by My BFF since we were 7 years old, Rhonda's, and dropped off her Birthday gift(a couple of photos I had framed of her when she was about 25 and slim and sexy as hell- we ALL love having THOSE photos around, don't we?) and then went to pick my eldest son up after I got off work and take him to his monthly meeting in the next town. He was there an hour and a half waiting for his turn and after his meeting was over he had to take a drug screening which took another 30 mins.....then afterwards I drove him to work.
Then I came home and slept til time to go to work and checked the messages and found out Rhonda wasn't even AT home- her parents took her to the mountains for the week for her birthday- so I had to call her kids and get one of them to go by and get her gift and put it IN her house before it got messed up by the weather.

Today I came in and collapsed and slept til it got hot in the bedroom and then came in here but couldn't go back to sleep altho it's MUCH cooler with the A/C on in here so I got up, fed and watered the dogs and let them out for a few minutes to go potty, and while I was waiting I baked a half dozen cupcakes. Lemon Spongecake with Lemon glaze. And now I am cooking the roast pork all sliced nicely and slow roasted in an onion and Mushroom sour-cream gravy. I'm also making roast potatoes and my special green beans to go with it all.
YUMMO!(God I HATE when Rachel Ray uses that phrase- but she uses it for EVERYTHING and every thirty seconds...I use it sparingly.)

Also, I have managed to set up a photo shoot for me and my sisters for the middle of the month. THAT was a major undertaking considering there was 5 people involved with trying to co-ordinate schedules so we could all make it on the same day......at the same time..........
Shoot- forget major undertaking- that was a minor Miracle. But til all set up now and I am SOOO happy about it. It's going to take place in a lovely park called Rock Quarry Garden in the center of Town and it's one of the most requested sites for photographers to do Bridal Portraits during Wedding Season.
I took my Daughters Bridal Portraits there and my Eldest son and his wife were married in that park. There is a reflecting pond- a couple of granite cliffs(very SMALL cliffs) a waterfall, and a stream with a rock arched bridge over it. There are stone benches and a bounty of greenery including hemlock trees, bamboo, azaleas, tulips, magnolia trees, pine trees and other assorted flora and fauna.
I can't wait! Last photos we had done as sisters and the baby wasn't even here yet! Was way back in 1969. That's a LONG time!I mean, we've had photos of one or two of us together- but not the entire group at once!!
I told the photographer that she was in for a LOT of Bunny-Ears and funny faces with my sisters......believe it or not- I am considered the QUIET and CALM one of the group!!

E-GADS!!!!!!
One thing I know for sure is that there will be a lot of candid shots- and very few posed shots....but there will be some of those too. I'm certain- it's going to be an interesting experience- for all involved!!!


Anyway....... that's been my week so far.
Bet you can't WAIT to hear about my WEEKEND!!!!!

1 comment:

Terry Chandler said...

Whew, what a week girl! Makes me tired just reading about it. But did you ever find the badge???

I think it's awesome you're getting all your sisters together for a photo shoot...should be able to get some wonderful pictures! Hope it turns out grand!

Can't believe this heat already....and it's only June. It seems like we're in for a scorcher of a summer.

My grand-daughter graduated from Pre-K yesterday, and received the award for "Most Enthusiastic". Meaning she's the one in the class that always wants to answer the questions. She gets so excited about learning new things, and I hope it's a trait she never loses.

Grandson will be graduating from the 5th grade next week, so he will be in middle school next year and has decided he wants to be in the band. Now my daughter will have to follow the band just as Allen and I did for 9 years straight with our girls.

I hope your weekend is good, and not quite so hectic!

Keep cool.

Hugs!

Terry