Sunday, June 08, 2008

Stuff.....And Things..........

The 67% is this weeks stuff and the 33% is next weeks projected decline in things since I'll be working every day except Wednesday and Thursday. Next month it will be pie chats....as you can see I have graduated from simple lists.


Okay, so now on to the REAL Stuff...and Things.....


First Subject.....
ARGGGGG!!!!!!!
Still haven't found my access ID for work and have only hours left until I HAVE to have it found or have to report it missing.
I have frantically looked for it, done a couple more spot checks of places I MIGHT have put it or it MIGHT have dropped to and a full scale-turn-the-entire-house-upside-down search to no avail.
So last time today I'm going to do a last long detailed search of the house AND car and then first thing tomorrow morning I'll be reporting it MIA and have it replaced. It really pisses me off that I have lost it JUST when I'm up for that promotion....it makes me look irresponsible and scatter-brained when the only thing wrong with me is I did something out of character by having to wear my ID badge in my civilian clothes.
Do you guys do that too? Does your whole way of doing things change when you're at work or at home? How can being in a different set of clothes make THAT bigger difference in the way you think or do things?
I'm really weirded out.

Next subject.......
Guys- a piece of advice when you come to my house.......I don't CARE if you don't put the seat DOWN after peeing, but PLEASE- for GOD'S Sake(or your own safety) Put the SEAT UP when you pee! There is NOTHING that drives me more insane than having to pee really badly and not having time to check to make sure the seat is pristine and standing up with a totally wet ass and legs because the male who was there before you has a bad aim and doesn't take the time to clean up after himself.
This has happened to me about a zillion times because I live in a household with a mostly male population. I have Me, Julie, Marie, and Kathy and ALL the REST of the family is Male.....so ladies, PLEASE, PLEASE , teach the young ones coming up to put the SEAT up as well as the lid when they go potty and for the older guys-...........JUST DO IT!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Next Subject.......
Paulius has strep throat....We're not sure if it's Viral or Bacterial so we're waiting to see if it goes away on it's on.
And there in lies the problem. If it doesn't clear up on it's own- we have NO money to bring him to the doctor because he doesn't have health insurance. I have it thru my job, but it will cost us almost 400 dollars a month to add him on so we opted to not at this time......BUT if I get it FROM him- I won't be able to go to work.....I work at the hospital and they won't allow me to come to work with anything worse than a cold- and if I'm running a fever I get sent home with THAT, even!!! We can't afford for me to miss any work either, so therein lies the dilemma. So that will mean TWO doctors visits for me plus the cost of meds to get rid of it AND the missed wages from work as well. Why TWO doctors visits? Because I'll need to go the first time and get diagnosed and get a script for antibiotics. And then another visit to determine that I DON'T have it any longer and then get the statement allowing me to return to work. Working with the health-care facilities has a whole different set of rules than a normal factory job does. We are just so screwed.

Next Subject........
I found out my Annual Endurance Test is scheduled for July. The exact date isn't known yet- but that means tomorrow I have o go BACK into intense training for that stupid thing........
We have to go up 7 floors of stairs (14 flights) in 90 seconds or less. If we fail it the first time we have 30 days to re-take it and PASS or be transferred from the Hospital Roster. Meaning go to a different LOWER PAYING SITE. Which I bloody well don't want to do. I'm up for a promotion, for Gods Sake and that means a substantial raise...I don't wanna go in the other direction. Especially at this time of the year and especially not after getting the news that we won't be getting that Stimulus Check.

Next Subject...........
Buddy has been in a mood again for a week or so.......He's got to where when i twell him to do something he looks at Paulius to see if HE tells him to do it- and if he doesn't Buddy completely ignores me and does only what the hell HE wants to do. Then when I put my foot down and try to come near him to LEAD him to do whatever it is i tell him to do- he has taken to snarling/growling at me as a warning. We had this problem with him about 6 months ago and to be honest, he is really beginning to make me SERIOUSLY uneasy. Now I KNOW Paul could defend himself with minimum of injuries against Buddy should Buddy get it in his head to be stupid and try and assert his dominance, but Buddy is a BIG dog now and I'm honestly not sure if I could. And as touchy as he has been lately if one of the kids accidentally fell against him or annoyed him and he decided to do something about it- They wouldn't stand a chance.
All I have to say is the first time he deliberately bites someone-unless he's defending one of the family, I'll put him down myself, no matter WHO gets mad about it. A biting dog I will NOT tolerate- not with as many kids as I have here and not when he defies my orders. I've said it once and I'll say it again...I'm Top Bitch around here and that's that. I'm at my wits end with that dog and his attitude and it had better improve soon if he wants to continue his life of luxury here with Paulius and I.

Next Subject........
Barney and his housebreaking. OMFG.......What is up with him? He does pretty good at the housebreaking stuff until we leave the kitchen open. For some reason he has determined that our kitchen floor is his territory and must be marked as such at every opportunity. I have taken to putting a baby gate up over the doorway going in there to keep him out. It wouldn't be NEARLY as bad if it wasn't carpeted in there. But it's not- and it's absolutely HELL to clean up when he marks territory. And I have to have a clean kitchen. When I cook- I want that place spotless- almost to the point of sterility. No, I'm NOT joking. That's why the ant situation was freaking me out so much. But THOSE are taken care of now. Yay!! Anyone got any suggestions for Barneys or Buddy's problems? Any suggestions would be MOST welcome.

Next Subject...........
My garden is growing like crazy!!!!!Doing the best are the Pumpkins and the Sugar-Snap peas. Next in line are the tomatoes and peppers. Next to last is the Watermelons and Cantaloupes and dead last are my green beans. And I almost mean that literally. Dead. Last.
I have like 4 bean plants and do the BUGS love them...Not even 6 inches tall yet and they are riddled with chewed up leaves.
Danggit!!Oh well, At least we'll have plenty of pumpkins for the Jack-O-Lanterns for our Halloween Party this year. I'm SOOOO looking forward to that Party. We're ALL going to dress up- Kiddos and Grups alike. Only rule is no Hoochie Outfits because it's a KIDS party.
I can't decide whether I want to be "Glenda, The Good Witch of the North" or "The Wicked Witch of the West" type witch.
Maybe a Vampyress with Paulius as a Vampire. The possibilities are ENDLESS- but I need to decide soon because I'll have to find a costume. OH!!! I COULD be Miz Santa!!!! That way I would have the outfit for Christmas already done!!!!
Hmmmmm....Have to think on it some more.
(I'm not very original am I?)

Next Subject..........
My brother, Charlie, came down yesterday and we (as in mostly HE) changed the washers in my faucets in the sinks and tub. Thank God- and Thank YOU Charlie, for taking the time o come show me how to do it myself. Cookies will be made soon.

Last Subject....
I have noticed in the past month that my moments of Deja-Vu has increased phenomenally.
So much so it's kinda freaking me out. I don't LIKE when my dreams come true. Only bad things can come of it.

Okay- well, playtime is over now, I suppose.....I'm off to look for that stupid badge once more.
Wish me Luck, I'll need it.

5 comments:

Terry Chandler said...

Look in the laundry room! Search all the clothes...did it fall behind/under dryer or washer?
You will probably find it the day after you report it missing.
Good luck kiddo.

As for the dogs, too bad you can't get Cesar Millan or Victoria to come and fix the little beasts! I love to watch those shows: Dog Whisperer and It's Me or the Dog!

Hope Paul recovers soon!

Terry

The Pussy Cat Bitch said...

About the Peeing part: extremely hilarious, i grew-up with three brothers and recall several dreadful discoveries with the toilet. I can relate to the disturbing realization of having your butt submerged on pee while trustingly sitting on a seat you believe to be clean. LOL. Great post!

Paulius said...

Quick note here:

We have two dogs that drink from the toilet. They drink, walk away dripping water all over the seat and *I* get blamed for it.

I'll admit, I do forget once in a while...about as often as SOMEONE forgets to flush 'feminine hygiene products'

Kelly said...

Ok thanks for sharing that extra info Paul....I was about to have breakfast, but hunger has left the building.....

Sunny said...

LOL- I KNEW you were going to bring that up, dearest Hubby, and granted I KNOW when the dogs do it cause their water bowl is always empty. And let me just point out one MAJOR difference in your point and mine.....you don't have to sit ON the "fem-hy products"- you just have to give a ting push of the finger on the little silver handle and they go bye-bye down the pipes. I, on the other hand, have to finish what I'm doing and then clean not only the seat- but shower as well!!!!
That being said- I'll start putting the SEAT & LID down so the dogs can't get to their porcelain water bowl and the dog problem will be solved.
And I'll try not to be in SUCH a hurry with my stuff , too.
Deal?
Ewww- this post is getting WAY too TMI for my taste. Shall we move on?