Monday, June 16, 2008

Interesting.

Well, FINALLY I have a couple days off. I tell you, last night seemed like it would NEVER end!!

I came in this morning from work and tried to sleep- actually I got a couple hours in before the heat became unbearable in the bedroom, so i finally got up and decided to run some errands.

I loaded up the car and went to the recycling center first thing, then I stopped and got a couple gallons of fuel for my car. I tell you, ten dollars doesn't go far in THIS day and age.Then I stopped by my sons house and chatted with him and his wife for a while before finally heading home. On the way home I stopped at the Vet's office and picked up some flea meds for our two mutts.....I mean inbreds....I mean sweet little doggies. Yeah- that's it.
I've felt so sorry because I haven't been able to do it sooner- but with Paul and myself needing meds, our well-being came before the dogs itchiness. But they should be fine now- I got both Buddy and Barney their meds so this time in a couple days they should be Flee-Free. Yay!!
And we did try brushing for the shedding problem Buddy is having, but his UNDERcoat is so thick the brush doesn't even BEGIN to touch it. He is a really lovely dog when we brush his outer coat tho. And THAT even is a HUGE help.
I've wanted to shave Buddy in the Summer- but Paul refuses to let me do it, or have it done. I think he would benefit immensely from being shaved once- but I'll bow to Pauls reasoning. Just this once.
:-)
(Good LORD- I just went back and proofread this so far and had to insert EVERY SINGLE "T" in the entire thing!! I don't know if I'm dropping them of if the computer keypad is dropping them....probably user error tho.)

Anyway, I came home and put the meds on hem. Poor Barney was scared he was gonna get a spanking. Seems like all I ever do lately is fuss at him for his accidents/on-purposes. I gotta change that. I'm trying the treat system when he does well as well as the fussing when he does bad- but he's still just NOT getting it. Poor baby. It's so hard -especially after Buddy being such an easy study in housebreaking. And poor Buddy tries to lead Barney- but he gets SO easily distracted when he goes outside- he barks at EVERYTHING....My brothers dog(a great Dane), my brother, birds, kids in the distance that he can hear but not see, the grass waving in the breeze, butterflies. You name it- he barks at it and chases it. He runs around the yard like a chicken with it's head cut off. Stupid dog.

I can't wait to get a house where we have actual closets. He is chewing my shoes all up. I have already had him chew the sequins off my summer flip-flops and chew up the side of one of my pairs of work shoes. I have to put EVERYTHING up or he drags it off and uses it as a chew-toy altho he and Buddy both have chew-toys to play with. And no- I still haven't found my work badge yet- I had to have it replaced. I just KNOW Barney has snuck it out of my purse and is using it as a chew-toy somewhere and has it WELL hidden!
Luckily I had already applied for my SLED card renewal and as luck would have it, it arrived the day after my badges went missing!(For ONCE something went IN my favor instead of against it!!!)

Oh well.
As soon as it cools off a bit I'm going to go in the kitchen and do a thorough cleaning of IT . Meanwhile tho, I'm sitting here looking up recipes for the Sisters Picnic Brunch for Sunday. So far I think we are going to have Sausage (or Bacon) Mushroom Swiss Quiche, Cinnamon Buns, and the same punch Paul and I had for our Wedding Reception!It's sort of a Pineapple-Orange mixture- very, very nice-especially frosty cold! That should be YUMMY!!!
I'm keeping it VERY simple since it's so hot and we won't be there but a couple hours. Any other suggestions?

Okay...hmmmmmmm...okay.........I also have been looking up recipes for a good moist Carrot Cake. I've never made one before and Paulius is always saying how MUCH he likes Carrot Cake and Carrot Cake Soup-(That was a NEW one on me!!) so I figured I might make him once since he's almost 100% recovered from his illness. If any of you guys or ladies(or guys ladies) has a recipe thats tried and true- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share it with me!!! I found one but I haven't tested it yet and would LOVE to have an heirloom recipe that is tested and requested rather than one I just picked up on the net sites. I think my e-mail is listed in my profile if you don't want to share it with everyone but are willing to share it with me. And if you request it- I won't give it to ANYONE else either. Cross my Heart!

Anyway....when i got back home I saw I had phone messages- it was from my boss so I called him back and he informed me that my Board Interview for the Site Supervisor position I made a bid on a couple weeks ago is going to be WEDNESDAY at 2PM. Crap- give a girl a bit of NOTICE why don't ya!!!!!
So now I'm all nervous about IT because MY site supervisor hasn't been able to locate the manual I needed to brush up on(read STUDY since I'd never heard of it before.)
As you can tell, I'm not putting too much hope behind actually GETTING this position. I HATE having to rely on other people to help me further my career. It SUX. I wish I was Goddess of the Universe. Then I could have peoples heads chopped off if they annoyed me and no one would think twice about it. It would be "because Her Goddessness said it should be so- and so it was MADE so".

Ahhhh....We're all entitled to our dreams and aspirations.
Right?

No comments: