Monday, June 02, 2008

Ladies(and Guys) Please Help Me......




.......persuade Paulius to wear a cowboy hat. Yes, I mean like a Stetson. A real Country Western cowboy hat.

I don't know what it is- but put a cowboy hat on a man and it sends chills up my spine. Especially if he's in a pair of jeans and boots. With or without a shirt.

Paul says he refuses to wear a cowboy hat because they look stupid. I think he would be adorable in one.
No- Forget "adorable"- I think he'd be H-O-T!!!!!!!

I'm going to get a new straw one for myself for summer. I'd like to get him one as well, but he says it would be money wasted.
On the other hand he WILL wear a fedora-....the Indiana Jones style.
Now I ask you- there isn't such a huge difference in a fedora and a cowboy hat, now IS here?

I don't think so anyway.

I mean it's not like I'm asking him to wear a Zorro or Batman or Captain Jack Sparrow Costume out in public......this is just a mere cowboy hat- and just around the yard if he likes- not even out in public if he doesn't want to.

I mean- I would wear something special for him if he requested it and he bought it for me...(and it wasn't too outrageous-whatever THAT is...).

And no- this isn't a debate either.....or an argument.
I just want to hear if I'm being too demanding.

Opinions, please?

8 comments:

OzzyC said...

I'm not a big fan of cowboy hats either. I'd consider a fedora.

That said though, maybe he'd wear one if you just brought it home, and only in the privacy of your bedroom.

Think of it as fantasy role-playing.

Paulius said...

Here's the deal...

I'm British, this means two things:

One, no one in England wears cowboy hats unless they're under ten years old and are playing 'cowboys and indians'. I'd feel as stupid in a cowboy hat as I would an astronauts helmet.

Two, Yes, I don't live in England any more, but all I'd have to do is open my mouth and I instantly look like a stupid tourist.

It's like when you see the American tourists in London who've gone to a tailor and bought themselves 'English clothes' and are walking around in tweed suits and waxed jackets. They think they're 'going native'...but just look like complete tools.

Basically, a cowboy hat is making a statement about you. It's not like a baseball cap or something. A baseball cap says "I'm keeping the sun out of my eyes"...whereas a cowboy hat says "I'M WEARING A COWBOY HAT! EVERYONE LOOK AT MY COWBOY HAT!"

I mean, come on, a British guy dressing like a southern stereotype? An SC native can pull it off, I'd just look stupid.

Anonymous said...

I dont think thats unreasonable sunny. After all he cant look stupid if your the only one who sees it and you love it :). I feel the evil eye from paul all the way across town.lol

Frank wont go for it neither though and he IS the typical southern country boy.Almost 10 yrs Ive been trying.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Hrm. Sorry, Sunny - I'm with Paulius on this one. I don't like the association between cowboy hats and trucks, and I also don't think that a non-cowboy (meaning one who does not herd cows) should ever sport one of those. Where I'm at, there are lots of stetsons being worn by poser cowboys, and it looks ridiculous.

I'm pro-fedora, however, any day of the week. ;)

Kelly said...

I'm with Sunny on this - I think cowboy hats are SEXY! But Toby doesn't agree and would never, ever wear one...that said he wouldn't wear a fedora either.

Divian said...

I seriously had 3 Stetsons. One was a grey Geaorge Strait edition...it was sweet! I love my cowboy hats. Although my Stetsons have long since retired, I still rock a straw cowbow hat every summer. My one for this year is sitting on my dresser, ready to be worn tomorrow! lol!

Divian said...

Its dark. I cannot be held liable for misspellings! Promise!

Nick said...

I think you should check these hats out at http://www.traditionalcowboyhats.com