Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sippin' Sweet Tea and Relaxin'......


Yeah- it's been a GREAT weekend so far.

Slept away most of Friday, trying to recover from my B/P episode and think I pretty much succeeded.

Yesterday I did a whole lot of nothing- except try to nap(see yesterdays blog post) and got the kitchen mostly cleared up as well. Then, after making steak dinner for us, Paul and I had a couple of White Russians and watched "Stepbrothers" on ON DEMAND.
I have to say, that movie was so funny at times I thought I was going to pee from laughing so hard. It was completely stupid, horribly immature, absolutely pointless and the two grown men acted like a couple of 8 year olds, but it was bloody HILARIOUS.

Today I got a lot of spring cleaning done thanks to my Grandson Devon who graciously volunteered to come over and help me . We cleared out the Main hallway first, then was going to paint the rest of the hallway-(he LOVES to paint)- but after the clearing out session, I was pooped and so we decided to make it a project for the NEXT weekend I'm off instead. So we went into the living room and we played Fable II for a couple hours. Actually, HE played and got me past the damn troll that I spent 6 hours trying to defeat last time I played. His time to defeat it....less than 10 minutes.
I had to laugh. Well, since we- I mean HE- was doing so well, I let him play on the rest of the time he was here. Good thing too, 'cause he scored me some awesome abilities and got me some mega treasures and great spells too. Yeah- I REALLY like him to come over and play games on MY profile.
;-)
Paul says I should play the game and "experience" the game for myself. But I get all KINDS of tense and stressed when it doesn't go my way. I want someone to just get me thru the game so I can not have to do any "missions" or "quests", but just be able to walk around and do a whole lot of ....well, nothing.
So we went out today and I bought a computer program called Total 3D Home Design so I can do just that. A whole lot of nothing except make houses and furnish them.
I missed my calling.
I swear if I could do it over- I'd be going to school after high school and I would have become an architect instead of going into Law Enforcement.
Nothing makes me as calm and peaceful as to be able to clear out a room at home and then re-arrange the furnishings so everything is all clean and fresh and new to look at.

Clay had a knack for that as well. Somewhere amongst all my stored things, is a drawing he did of his dream house. Sort of a cross between a Tudor and a Stone Manor house. It was very detailed with individual stones in the building and window panes and it was even landscaped. If I ever find it, I'll frame it and put it on my wall. That child should have been an architect. He would have been FANTASTIC at it.

Frank is a fantasic Landscaper too. He and his brother had their own Summer lawn-care bussiness back when they were in Middle school. One summer thay were making more weekly than I was at my full time job.
When I remarked one day that if they kept it up I might have to just quit MY job and go to work for them, their response was-(And I kid you NOT)....."You might better wait til we turn 18, Mama, cause the first time you grounded us- we'd fire you."...........
So much for THAT idea!!!!
It still makes me laugh when I think about it, tho.

Julie didn't escape the Gene Pool either. Her house looks like an interior designer decorated it. And she has 4 little boys under the age of 8 to contend with. I only WISH I could keep my house as neat and tidy and put together as hers is....even when she's not expecting company. She certainly has an artistic, creative streak, too.

Well, I'm off here now- Paul is getting ready to install my design stuff. Yay!!!!

Ahhhh- a fun, stress-free weekend....Just what the doctor ordered!!!!!

No comments: