Sunday, February 01, 2009

Parallel Parking

Parallel parking is one of the more difficult things for drivers to master. Even seasoned drivers sometimes can't get it right.

We went out driving for a while this afternoon and dropped by the DMV so Paul could practice for a few minutes.

I was fully expecting an afternoon of nerve wracking lunacy on BOTH our parts.

What actually happened?.... I tried it first in the new car & aced it then turned it over to Paul for a go.
His First time- not even close...Second time- almost perfect......Third time-he barely clipped the curb trying to get it JUST PERFECT...........Fourth, Fifth and Sixth time- Absolutely Perfect.

Then coming home- my blood pressure shot up-my blood sugar dropped like a stone- and I got a splitting migraine that made me so nauseous I couldn't hold my head up and Paul ended up driving all the way home after stopping to get me something to eat to raise my blood sugar.

(NO- this has NOTHING to do with Paul's driving- it just happens very quickly like that sometimes when I get migraines. One minute I'm fine- the next-literally- I'm completely incapacitated.)

Now my B/P is back down to normal and my blood sugar is back up to normal, but the migraine is still going on altho it has eased a bit.

I'm SO glad my hubby can drive now.

No comments: