Monday, February 23, 2009

Ups and Downs.....

Well, this has been an interesting week.

CJs Birthday party was great- but a photo was taken by my daughter and when i asked when my mom had arrived- Julie informed me that the woman in the pic I was referring to was ME!!! On closer inspection- I was shocked to realize it was indeed, me. Not a happy moment in my life considering I will be 49 on Wednesday and my mom is almost 73.
Changes are on the way, believe me.

I am sick. Went home from work with a ...shall we say, "top and bottom disposition"... and have been in bed sleeping for almost the entire time since I got home. Yeah- almost 20 hours worth. I got up awhile ago to get a bit of soup and some liquids to re-hydrate me- and realized I had no tummy settling soup on hand- so I went potty- and made a mad dash for the nearest supermarket to stock some "I don't feel well foods". I even got O.J. which makes my mouth raw because I'm sensitive to citrus acid- but Since my throat is raw from throwing up, I figured it didn't make much difference anyway so i might as well get some Vitamin C in my system.
Good Lord- I just said that in my mind like Paul says it. Vit a min as in Bit a min. Sigh.........

We also got a letter from the Department of the Treasury. Imagine my fear when i saw that a mistake had been made and they had caught it.
Reading further- I realized the "mistake" was to OUR benefit rather than the govt's. How wonderful!!!!

Friday Frank and Marie go for her Ultra-Sound to find out the sex of the baby. Or as Frank puts it..."To find out we're having a Baby Girl".
I think he has his heart SET on a little girl. I think we all do. I mean- 7 BOYS on Franks side- and three on Marie's side- what are the changes of the family getting another BOY this time round???
Either way we'll adore it- just like we do all the boys now- but a bit of PINK and White lace would be nice for a change of scenery.
Don't you think?

Okay- well, my strength is about run out for now.
See ya's next time.

3 comments:

Seacat said...

What a crappy (no pun intended--well, maybe a little) way to spend a day off! Hope you're feeling better! Call me if I can do anything....!!!
Sea

Anonymous said...

All I can say is you better start getting better before Wednesday. This is no way to spend your birthday, Girl.

Drink plenty of liquids and feel better, Sunny.

Smooches,
L

Sunny said...

Seacat- LOL- What an inventive and imaginative way to put it!!! Thanks for the offer doll!!

Lois-I'll be better by then I'm sure- if not I'll be back at the doctors because I refuse to let myself go thru a Hospital stay this year....Easley Hospital isn't OUR hospital, believe me.