Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stupid Dog


Yeah- I came home yesterday with my B/P seriously high. (I'm going back to the doc early next week)
So I'm sill not feeling real good or 100 %, but when we got home from buying sustenance, Paul decided to go to bed since he couldn't sleep last night....and for ONCE it wasn't me and my snoring keeping him awake.( I would know since he would have told me if it was.)

Anyway- he asked me to wake him in a couple three hours so we could cuddle on the couch and watch a movie and not waste our time together on my long weekend off. I suggested that I would clean the house a bit and then come nap with him and we could get up in a FEW hours and spend awake time together. So he goes off to bed- I straighten up a bit and then I go lie down for that nap.


About 40 minutes pass and Buddy, who I couldn't bear to lock in his room again, starts growling....a low deep throated growl that is a bad sign for anyone who is in contact with him...I get up and cautiously warn him that it's me and he tears into the living room and then stands there growling for a few minutes. I check out the windows and open the front door- nothing is there. Nothing at ALL.

So I tell him it's okay and send him back to his room. Lo and behold- just as I get to sleep good, again he's tearing into the hallway and barking his brains out. So I throw my clothes back on and go to investigate again. Meanwhile he's running back and forth from the bedroom door to the front hallway and door and acting like he's completely lost his mind.

Again, I check everything- even going so far as to go OUTSIDE and check the car to make sure no one has tampered with the gas-tank(stealing gas) or left a door open(they were locked as usual).
Nothing. I go back inside and he's sitting in the living room floor whining at the carpet.

Oh. That again. So now I'm wide awake again, and shaking because it's what happens when I just get asleep and don' get to finish it out.

Damn Invisible Carpet Monsters.

No comments: