Saturday, March 07, 2009

All I Wanna Do, Is Have Some Fun.........


Man....ever had one of those days when you just did NOT wanna go to work?
Today I had one of those days. I slept an hour and then went to do some errands. By the time I got back home the weather was all sunshiny and warm(not hot) and just SO glorious I didn't want to waste it and go to sleep. But I did the responsible thing and went to bed. When I woke up, the sun was still shining, the birds were singing, the air smelled GLORIOUSLY clean and fresh and then I REALLY didn't want to go into work.

At that moment I wanted more than ANYTHING to just be able to stay home and just sit in the sunshine and fresh air and enjoy the rest of the day with my husband.

But duty called...so I dressed and started off to work.

I rode along with the windows down, my hair blowing in the breeze as I tooled down the highway with the radio blasting at full volume- Fun tunes that get the blood pumping and make you wanna get up and dance...or ride down the highway til you run out of road.

Well, as if that wasn't bad enough....About halfway to work I was joined on the highway by a group of about 25 bikers. And for the rest of the ride to work I rode along with them - in my mind on my own bike just headed out to no particular destination- just out able to enjoy my freedom and the wonderful weather. The heady smell of bike exhaust and leather was absolutely intoxicating and brought back fond memories of the distant past and my bikes.

All too soon, my exit ramp loomed and I left my daydreams behind and with a great sigh of reluctance returned to the reality of life.

Sometimes Life Just SUX.

No comments: