Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lazy Sunday.....

I've had a lazy kind of weekend thanks to Paul.

I haven't done much of anything except the things I actually WANT to do.
Like I got the urge to cook a few times......something that relaxes me......and so I did.
I wanted to see my son and his family, so I went for a visit and then gave my DIL a ride to work on the way home.
I would have gone to see my Daughter and her family as well, but it's her weekend to work plus a couple of the kids have had the flu recently so I couldn't risk getting the flu right now either.

It's rained all weekend here....now the sun is out but we seem to have winds of about 60+ miles per hour here. Should have expected it tho- March came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion.

I was thinking about the economy this weekend as well.......have any of you guys changed your routines because of it? I have to say that Paul and i have cut back on eating out more than once a week. We play more board games at home, and we watch less pay for view TV as well. He DID order me the movie "Twilight" over this weekend tho.
I adored the series of books and it was very sweet of him to watch it with me.

I really had planned on getting a bit of spring cleaning done this weekend, but I think Paul made the right call on insisting we keep it a R & R weekend this time round.
I feel so much better now.

I went last night and got Paul and me some ice-cream. Paul has been wanting strawberry ice-cream all weekend and so that's what I got for him. I'm not so much into strawberry ice cream as the real thing. I opted out for some Blue Bunny Banana Pudding Ice Cream. If you like Banana Pudding- this is DEFINITELY the ice cream for you. It has actual vanilla wafers in it and the ice cream tastes just like the bananas and vanilla pudding mixed together.

How am I doing with the chocolate abstinence? Better than i thought I would do to be honest. I have only had a problem once-........for tow years I've been looking for a chocolate cheesecake recipe that LOOKS like i want it to taste and have come up with NOTHING. Everything falls short in some way or other.
Now that I've given up(or rather am TRYING to give up) chocolate, my Better Homes and Gardens mag arrives in the mail and guess what it has in it?
Yep- you got it.

But I just looked at it, turned and showed it to Paul and snorted in disgust with one word..."Figures." He smiled, probably thinking that was going to be the end of my chocolate ban, but it wasn't. That was the end of it....I haven't had ANY chocolate in any way, shape or form since I made my decision. I can't say it will be forever, but I'm trying my best. Easter isn't the best time of year for trying to do it you know.........
WHICH brings me to a small rant I have been thinking on for the past few days.......I absolutely HATE how we have started just living from one holiday to the next...There are no down times anymore...Its Straight from New Years, to Groundhogs day to Valentines day to Prez day to St. Pattys Day, to Easter, to Mothers day to.....well, you get the picture...........First it was just from Thanksgiving straight into Christmas....but it grew and grew and grew and now I'm becoming one of those grumpy old people who gripes about it.

Anyway.......I'm off here to enjoy the rest of my weekend.

2 comments:

Evan 08 said...

We eat out a little less frequently, but that's about it. We made our adjustments about this time last year, when my job situation changed. Things are actually getting a bit better for us now.

Sunny said...

So are things at our house lately....odd isn't it?