Thursday, March 05, 2009

Big Flirt!!!!

As I asked in my last post....... Has flirting become a lost art?

A couple of my girlfriends have recently become single again. They've begun dating and they're almost totally clueless about how to flirt with their new boyfriends....or potentially datable men.

I was actually speechless that these girls(who are younger than I am, btw) needed suggestions on how to flirt. Not only how to flirt- but how much was too much to be considered acceptable and how much was too little to be effective.
Tossing their hair, gazing into his eyes, tossing a mischievous smile over their shoulder, leaning towards their object of affection when they talk to him.......it was amazing the suggestions I gave them that they just didn't think about themselves.

And the questions about the suggestions I gave them(above) these girls asked about.
How far leaning is too far? Is touching him when I lean towards him too much? When we go out to eat- should I sit across from him or beside him? Should I call/text him or should I let him call/text me? And when I do, do I let him wait awhile or do I answer back immediately?..........The questions went on and on.

I supposed I shouldn't be surprised. In this day and age of Hoochie Outfits that leave no QUESTION as to what a girls thoughts and intentions are, women who have been in a relationship for a few years might not know where to go with flirting nowadays. Especially when they don't want to dress like strippers- and don't get me wrong....there is nothing wrong with strippers- they do what they have to do to pay the bills in this day and age...but believe it or not- lots of the strippers don't always dress like they're ON stage when they're OFF the stage. Especially if they want to be in another career later down the road. They still know how to act like a lady if the need arises..... unless they're just out and out whores.
And you can tell them apart. Indeed you can.

Anyway, back to my beginning thoughts....
Flirting doesn't have to lead to anything else. It doesn't have to go any further than a toss of the hair, or a quick glimpse and a smile as you walk away. It hurts no one unless it's done on a more than regular basis and goes over the top or leads to something more than that look or smile.

Flirting IS fast becoming a lost art. Maybe I should write a book.

4 comments:

Evan 08 said...

That's a book I could help write. I'm pretty good at flirting. Being happily married, I don't do it very often... in fact, I'm so happily married, that I'm pretty oblivious when women flirt with me. But I know how to do it. In fact, I'm a master.

Paulius said...

The funniest thing is the idea that a guy would lose interest in someone because she 'leans in too far'.

Basically, if a guy's on a date with you, he's into you...as long as you don't deliberately start farting on him you're probably good.

We're pretty simple creatures that way

Sunny said...

......you'd be surprised at some things that turn guys off. Not all men are as easy as you seem to think.
Some guys don't LIKE pushy women who are too loud, too brash, and too forward.
Some men like to KNOW that they're attractive to the opposite sex-or a specific member of it- but like to be the agressor.

Face it- if you met a woman for the first time and she was leaning up against you rubbing her boobs all on you when you had just 5 minutes before learned her name- you'd think she was a slutty woman.

Boobie and coochie and penis rubbing are NOT flirting...just so there are NO misunderstandings.

Sunny said...

Evan- Oh and btw- being married to Pal hasn't stopped me from flirting with him...granted, sometimes i have to be a bit over the top to get him to realize that's what I'm doing- but I do flirt with him......

Guys!!!!-Don't you flirt with the missus anymore? Just because you're married doesn't mean she doesn't want to be flirted with. Besides, if YOU flirt with her- it keeps her from noticing so much when OTHER guys flirt with her. She's got all she wants at home cause her man gives it to her, Including a bit of flirting.

Okay- Lecture over. Sorry bout that.